Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

You Know You are in First Class When....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

You Know You are in First Class When....

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2006, 10:04 pm

Programs: QFWP, SQ PPS,QFLTG, EK Silver,SPG Gold, HH Diamond ,Amex Centurion
When you .........

a) Have so much shrink wrap in front of you from the PJ's, Amenity Kits, Blankets, Duvets that there is no space to put your feet.

b) When your on SQ/CX they ask if your wife would like an amenity kit even though she isn't travelling with you!

c) When your a F Class on BA and gain access to "The Concorde" room, which is really no different from any other lounge.

d) Ask for that screaming child to be moved, only to find out that it's the captains son, and they are put into J (opps! won't do that again!)

e) When you have a cabin to yourself and dine with the stewards (SQ F class during SARS)

F) When you are in BA First (last decade!) and they say "is there anything else i can do for you" to which you respond... please hang my clothes, make my bed, make me a hot chocolate, read me a bed time story and give me a goodnight kiss please.".... AND THEY DO!! (maybe because I said please and thank you!)
Old Mar 11, 2007, 11:49 am
Original Poster

When the bed that you had in your college dorm is only 4 inches smaller then what you get on Singapore first class.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AA Plat, NW SE
When you are happier to be there than at home...

When your wine glass never seems to be less than half full!
Old Mar 12, 2007, 4:56 am

Programs: AA Peon Gold
When everyone is looking down their noses at you because you're the only casually attired twenty something in F when everyone else is at least twice your age.....

Old Mar 12, 2007, 5:27 am

Programs: UA - way up there. SPG - middle tier. Amex - invitation only.
You go on a trip with your boss in his/her G550, and realise how difficult it's going to be to fly commercial again, even in SQ's new F...
Old Mar 12, 2007, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
When you get woken up before you land and you realize that you just missed the entire flight because you fell asleep.

Always happens to me!! Somehow i can never sleep in Y though!
Old Mar 12, 2007, 7:55 am

Programs: CX Silver
when the entree is hot, the salad is chilled, and the cutlery can't snap (Asian carriers)

when the flight attendants slam your food down onto your table with less force (US Carriers)

when your FA keeps calling you and your 12-year-old nephew "Sir". (Asiana)

When the people know what a Shirley Temple is (Some VS flights)

When you realize that you're in the wrong seat and that row 64 is very far from 4.

When you find Bvlgari products in your amenity kits.

When your realize that you don't know the difference between facial cleansing lotion, moisturizing lotion, and moisturizing milk.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 8:44 am

Programs: AA, B6, CO, DL, FL, UA, US Gold (only took 10k miles), WN, Amtrak
Originally Posted by WRCSolberg
When everyone is looking down their noses at you because you're the only casually attired twenty something in F when everyone else is at least twice your age.....

I know that feeling quite well and always enjoy it.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Or the only other person your age has to follow a dress code because they're flying for free...and they're pissed you can wear shorts and sandals.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 5:19 pm

Hehe... I'll say "When everyone is looking down their noses at you because you're the only twenty-something in F wearing shorts, t-shirt and flip-flops".

I dunno why some people make such a fuss about what one wears in F (or on an airplane in general).
Old Mar 12, 2007, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
When the USAirways FA offers to hang up your coat. Otherwise, there's no way to tell...
Old Mar 12, 2007, 9:35 pm

Programs: UA P, BA S, A3 *G, IHG Plat, Marriott Lt P, Hilton Gld, etc.
Originally Posted by Mrs. Alliance

Uh-huh... it should be a joke... and why I am supposed to be happier sitting on 1/4 of normal reclining sofa tried by thousands of people flying in tiny metal tube 34k feet above the ground breathing recycled dry air at the altitude of 6,000 feet... even when offered bvlgari products in 1oz containers... even when offered givenchi designed pj's made from disposable/recyclable/one-time use material... all of it is even worse if after having spent an equivalent of 1/3 of decent car for a ticket?

0ne can also argue that you can have your wine glass to be more than 1/2 full at home...
AX
Old Mar 12, 2007, 10:47 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Mrs. Alliance

With all due respect, maybe it's a good idea to buy C ticket instead and use the savings to improve your home... and buy a few cases of good wine.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 12:31 am

Programs: CX, TG, SPG all back to base.
When

1) You order the steak and are asked "And how would you like it cooked sir?"
2) When the Purser introduces herself with "Mr. Meerkat, I don't know whether you are aware of this, but you are the only passenger with us in First today. We are going to spoil you rotten!"

Both on BA.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K (2MM); AA LT Gold (1.9 MM); SQ; WN; DL; "Bonvoy Ambassador""
When an FA hands you the recorked, 3/4 full bottle of that vintage port or XO cognac that you have been enjoying on the flight to take with you

When the Captain invites you to spend a few hours enjoying the view from the cockpit jumpseat (happened to a European friend on a European carrier--will never, ever happen again in this post-9/11 world).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.