Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Post Out of the Ordinary PDB Experiences (Pre-Departure Beverage)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2006, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: FAF, Hyatt <>, SPG PLT

Sometimes when I get in my car in the morning to go to work I have a bottle of water in there that I placed in the cup holder the prior evening. When I take my seat and put my seatbelt on and take a sip of water I sometimes go into a trance and think I'm sitting in F on a flight and enjoying a PDB (pre-departure beverage).

When I arrive at work and unbuckle my seatbelt on one of these days, I hear in my head "Please use caution when opening the overhead bins....."

Anyone else have any PDB experiences that were "unique"? They can be on or off the plane.
Old Apr 11, 2006, 11:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Beerman92
Sometimes when I get in my car in the morning to go to work I have a bottle of water in there that I placed in the cup holder the prior evening. When I take my seat and put my seatbelt on and take a sip of water I sometimes go into a trance and think I'm sitting in F on a flight and enjoying a PDB (pre-departure beverage).

When I arrive at work and unbuckle my seatbelt on one of these days, I hear in my head "Please use caution when opening the overhead bins....."

Anyone else have any PDB experiences that were "unique"? They can be on or off the plane.
Well, I kind of have one. I was seated in F during boarding and the flight attendant made a comment about how young I looked, and asked if I should be noted as a minor flying unaccompanied (I'm 26). I believe she meant it as a joke but she said it in a nasty tone and even the guy next to me said, "she could have said that bit more graciously if she was trying to tease you". So then she saw my wedding ring, and made another comment to me and I said, look, i am not interested in anything else you have to say unless you wish to make it up to me with a drink, of which none had been offered to any in F while boarding was still taking place. So she laughed and asked what I will have, and brought me a gin and tonic. Everyone else had a good laugh from it and no one else asked for a drink nor did she offer one to anyone else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.