Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Smallest/Most obscure airline you've flown?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Smallest/Most obscure airline you've flown?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2006, 6:23 pm

Air Rwanda (Kigali-Bujumbura)
Air Burundi (Bujumbura-Kigali, Bujumbura-Nairobi)
Trans-Caribbean (San Juan-JFK)
Air Indies (San Juan-St. Thomas)
CAAC - General Administrationof Civil Aviation of China (Guangzhou-Guilin, Guilin-Hangzhou)
LAN Peru (Lima-Cuzco)
Siem Reap International (Ho Chi Minh City-Siem Reap)
Air Tahiti (Papeete-Huahine)
Old Apr 14, 2006, 12:32 pm

I used to fly a small airline called Corporate Express from ATL to BNA, probably around 2000-2002. It was some kind of BeechJet. The pilots were really friendly, and I got to know them as I flew this route regularly. They knew I was working on my private pilots licence, and would often hand me a headset and sit in the seat right between them to listen to ATC and observe the flight. I don't think they were a feeder for anyone, just a small independent airline. The same flight on Delta was VERY expensive, so I always took them.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, SPG Plat
Druk Air - BKK -> Paro, Bhutan
Air Sinai - Egypt to Tel Aviv

Cape Air - Boston to Provincetown on a Cessna (best part was getting to fly in the co-pilot's seat. This one is definately less obscure than Druk Air was...)
Old Apr 14, 2006, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
LoganAir, on the world's shortest scheduled flight- from Westray to Papa Westray in the Orkneys.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 2:12 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Katmai Air
King Salmon, Alaska to Katmai National Park on a float plane. Had to wait for the grizzly bears to clear the lake shoreline before we could de-plane. Departure was a bit delayed because a sow decided to take a nap while her cubs played on the plane floats.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 2:24 pm

Programs: NorthSails® | Starboard | ION
...way back when, an airline called Aerochaco, in northern Argentina (hopping our way toward the Bolivian border).

...recently, probably Wilderness Air, in Strahan, Tasmania... seaplane flight up the Gordon River with 'landing' upriver, and return to Strahan.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 2:25 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle, HH Silver
West Isle Air, San Juan Airlines, ChartAir, Air San Juan:
Anacortes and Bellingham, WA to various places in the San Juans

Alaska Seaplane Service:
Juneau to Admiralty Island
Old Apr 14, 2006, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K; AA Gold; Hilton Gold; Starwoods Gold; Ameniti; Priority Club; Hertz Gold 5*
Originally Posted by lawchild
West Isle Air, San Juan Airlines, ChartAir, Air San Juan:
Anacortes and Bellingham, WA to various places in the San Juans

Alaska Seaplane Service:
Juneau to Admiralty Island
San Juan Airlines has regularly scheduled flights from BLI-FRD. I have taken it many times; 27 miles in 15 minutes.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 4:37 pm

Not exactly an airline, but I did ride the Goodyear Blimp -- GYR to GYR, naturally.
Old Apr 15, 2006, 8:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt GP, SPG, HHonor, Asia Miles
First trip by air from Taipei (TSA) to Tainan (TNN) as well as the first trip onboard a Dash-8 was flown courtesy of Great China Airlines...

Later absorbed by Uni Air (whom is part of EVA)...below are some pixs of their birds...

B-15221
B-15227

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.