FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TravelBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz-176/)
-   -   Consolidated Thread: Priority Pass for Airport Lounges [through 2012] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz/3848-consolidated-thread-priority-pass-airport-lounges-through-2012-a.html)

redtop43 Nov 2, 2011 10:44 pm

I doubt they are very strict at that hour, but couldn't you just leave and come back? Most people would probably have to pay to come back in if they were using it on a pay-per-visit basis.

mia Nov 3, 2011 7:34 am

Moderator action

Transferring thread to Travel Buzz where primary discussion of Priority Pass is hosted.

monkeymagic Nov 3, 2011 10:55 am

They may check your boarding card on entering and note your flight is far off. You could always say you intend to stay four hours and then go shopping. I highly doubt they'll hunt you down and kick you out after four hours as they never monitor who leaves a lounge

philipthechen Nov 3, 2011 8:42 pm

I doubt they will hunt you down for 4 hours plus they dont check when you "leave". If they do just walk out and come back in. The card does not say how "often" you can visit the lounge.

bagelx Nov 3, 2011 11:15 pm

I use PP lounge to get into the lounge in HK (by terminal 3 I think). Its a lounge ran by some other program, so PP just gives u access kinda thing. But still nice food - congee, chinese breakfast stuff, different toast things.

abfab Nov 4, 2011 6:28 am

Originally Posted by redtop43 (Post 17382063)
I doubt they are very strict at that hour, but couldn't you just leave and come back? Most people would probably have to pay to come back in if they were using it on a pay-per-visit basis.

My only experience of this was at the PP lounge at LTN whilst waiting for a flight that eventually ended up being delayed for 8 hours.

After a few hours (can't remember exactly), the lounge lady came around and informed several PP card holders (including us) that she would need to charge us again for another visit if we wished to continue staying in the lounge.

Most people got up and left the lounge at that point, but we stayed, because our cards allowed unlimited visits, so we knew it wouldn't actually cost us anything more.

When i checked my statement a few weeks later, it did clearly show two separate records of entry in to the lounge on that day.

bagelx Nov 4, 2011 9:07 pm

Wow, they are kinda strict about tracking the time. But then again, after 8 hours, I would say that can count as a second visit.

Drile Nov 4, 2011 9:10 pm

I've spent 5-6 hours in lounges in Europe before and have never been bothered.

mvtm Dec 14, 2011 7:31 am

I've always had great experiences with this program. Everyday it seems that the lounge network grows bigger, some lounges may be dull and generic... but with a bit of research and being in the right spot you can find very good lounges in the system. Was in the Shongololo lounge in South Africa and it was superb. Plenty of food options, including delicious pasta and sushi. I have some pictures if anyone wants.

Anyhow,
I been now in PP for about 10 years in a row. They get issued with my credit card in Venezuela, used to be issued with MasterCard Platinum... but they changed requirements and now is Black only. The version we always been offered in my country is the all-access Prestige. Now my card expires in 2016 and i never been charged for my guests!!

My bank even issues PP card for my extensions in the Black card. Therefore i was given 2 extra PP's for my brothers, and my dad has PP too. So when we all travel it doesnt matter how much people we are. We can take even 8 guests if we want with all the PP cards!!

This with my AA plat, i'm satisfied with my lounge access. :)

pedxing Dec 16, 2011 3:16 pm

Domestic (USA) Lounges Still Open to Priority Pass Select

The removal of United/Continental lounges is a huge blow to those of us with credit-card issues USA Priority Pass Select memberships. I went through and picked out all the lounges still open to us in the USA. It's a small list, and pretty much useless to United/Continental fliers. I suppose Alaska and US Airways fliers might still get some use from the program.

Domestic Lounges Still Open to PP Select

Here it is! All 24 lounges still open to PP Select that travelers are likely to encounter. If you consider places like Greensboro likely, that is!
  1. Boston - US Airways Club, Terminal B
  2. Buffalo - US Airways Club
  3. Dallas - The Club at DFW, Terminal D
  4. Greensboro - US Airways Club
  5. Hartford - US Airways Club
  6. Los Angeles - US Airways Club, Terminal 1
  7. Los Angeles - Alaska Airlines Board Room, Terminal 3
  8. Miami - Club America, Concourse F
  9. Miami - Club America, Concourse J South
  10. Milwaukee - Frontier Airlines Best Care Club, Concourse D
  11. New York JFK - The Oasis, Terminal 2
  12. New York JFK - The Lounge, Terminal 2
  13. New York LaGuardia - US Airways Club, US Airways Terminal
  14. Philadelphia - US Airways Club, Concourse A
  15. Philadelphia - US Airways Club, Concourse B/C
  16. Philadelphia - US Airways Club, Concourse F
  17. Phoenix - US Airways Club, Concourse 4B
  18. Pittsburgh - US Airways Club
  19. Portland - Alaska Airlines Board Room, Concourse C
  20. Raleigh/Durham - The Club at RDU
  21. San Francisco - Alaska Airlines Board Room, Terminal 1
  22. Seattle - Alaska Airlines Board Room, Concourse D
  23. Tampa - US Airways Club, Concourse F
  24. Washington Dulles - US Airways Club, Terminal C

International and Remote Lounges Still Open
  1. Anchorage - Alaska Airlines Board Room
  2. Boston - Air France Graf Lounge, Terminal E
  3. Chicago - Swiss Lounge, Terminal 5
  4. Chicago - Worldwide Flight Services Lounge, Terminal 5
  5. Honolulu - American Airlines Admirals Club
  6. Honolulu - IASS Hawaii Lounge
  7. Las Vegas - International Lounge, Terminal 2
  8. Los Angeles - Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge, Terminal 2
  9. Los Angeles - Skyteam KAL Business Class Lounge, TBIT
  10. Los Angeles - Relax Lounge, TBIT
  11. New York JFK - KAL Business Class Lounge, Terminal 1
  12. Orlando Sanford - The Royal Palm Lounge, Terminal A
  13. Washington Dulles - British Airways Galleries Lounge

danielonn Dec 23, 2011 11:44 pm

PriorityPass Select

I just got my Priority Pass Select Card as part of my World Elite Master Card(Ameriprise). While I am disappointed about losing the Untied Clubs I guess I can't complain as PriorityPass has me covered via other lounges like Alaska, US Airways and International lounges.

If I was in dire need at Denver Airport where currently no PP lounges are I could buy the day pass if it was going to be a long layover or delay. Considering my PriorityPass card fee is waived and the Credit Card Annual Fee is waived I'm not so guilty to buy the day pass every now and again.

Other than that AmeriPrise waives the $27 guest fee. All that changed was the United Club access. I believe PP is working on adding more lounges.

One thing to note is that if you have airline membership you may not have access in all cities whereas PP may cover you for many locations. It all depends on your travel habits.

For me I can usually plan connecting or departing from a city with a Priority Pass lounge. It has been of great use over the past couple of years and it pays for itself in productivity and the services the lounge offers.

For instance in Brussels I took a shower and had good food and drinks at the Diamond Lounge, TLV at the Dan Lounge;

In the USA I have visited the Alaska Boardroom at LAX Terminal 3, US Airways Club at PHX and LAX. While you may say that PP is not worth it for me it has been a savior as I don't frequent one airline with the current state of the economy.

What I like about PP is the flexibility it gives me as I don't have to be going on the ticketed airline of the lounge all I need is the card,boarding pass and ID.

When traveling in Y Class or on Upgraded tickets with no lounge access PP allows one in so this is a great way to be humane after a long flight.

On a trip from TLV-JFK-SFO last year I rested in the TLV Dan Lounge before the flight and at the Oasis JFK I took a much needed shower and had 7 hours before my next flight as it was on an award Delta ticket. So it was so easy to go through customs and up to the Oasis lounge.

I want to hear your opinions on PriorityPass has it saved you? Do your kids like being able to access the lounge with you?

2Ruse Dec 30, 2011 5:18 pm

UA/CO no longer participating?

'The removal of United/Continental lounges is a huge blow to those of us' (pedxing's post of Dec. 16) - I can't find anything about this anywhere except in this forum - the PP website in fact indicates 'We are also pleased to announce that Priority Pass members can now enjoy extended coverage and access to all United Club lounges* worldwide.'

i do see a note also on the PP website 'IMPORTANT NOTE: Participating United Club lounges are not accessible to Priority Pass Select cardholders or Priority Pass members in the U.S. that receive their membership through a U.S. financial institution.'

i guess this is new with the UA/CO merger - amazing i didn't notice it in any of the PP emails! this is definitely a bummer

jds2001 Jan 2, 2012 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by 2Ruse (Post 17718395)
i guess this is new with the UA/CO merger - amazing i didn't notice it in any of the PP emails! this is definitely a bummer

Yes, any PP card issued by a US financial institution is not eligible for UA/CO anymore - it's part of a Chase deal with UA (that apparently survived through to CO, not sure how that works) to be exclusive.

fikio Jan 3, 2012 12:36 am

How many lounges are United/CO in the US and abroad, relative to non-United/CO? I am considering getting Priority Pass membership and am wondering how big the difference would be (Priority Pass Select vs. the regular).

Was recently in JFK terminal 1 and Ataturk airport in Turkey and would have been convenient to have lounge access, which would have been included with priority pass select.

Are American Airlines lounges not included? Was also in JFK terminal 8.

Athena53 Jan 3, 2012 6:48 am

Originally Posted by pedxing (Post 17641095)
Here it is! All 24 lounges still open to PP Select that travelers are likely to encounter. If you consider places like Greensboro likely, that is!

What a pitiful list. I'm keeping my HH AE Surpass card anyway since we get other benefits from it, but the PriorityPass "lean" membership certainly isn't one of them.