FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TravelBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz-176/)
-   -   Consolidated Thread: Priority Pass for Airport Lounges [through 2012] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz/3848-consolidated-thread-priority-pass-airport-lounges-through-2012-a.html)

levych Jul 16, 2012 11:23 pm

Priority Pass for free with Master Card Black. HELP!

Hi dear friends on flyertalk

I received a year ago a master card Black! creditcard as a promotion, and they wanted me to suscribe to it, and activate it. I never activate it, and by surprise i received also the priority pass card, a week after that.
I used the priority pass for free!! all year around.!.. BUT now it expires in august 2012. :eek:
I NEED YOUR ASSISTANCE to know a way to RENEW my priority pass card without commit to issue any master card creditcard.;)

Things i was thinking

1) Call Master card, and tell them i lost my card, and they will issue a new one, and send it to my address (maybe it activates for "DEFAULT") the priority pass also. Bank issuer told me that the credit card was deactivated after 3 months i never called to activate it... (still am possible to ask mastercard a new one? or not???

2) Call priority pass, customer service.. and said to them i lost my priority pass card,.. MAYBE they gonna issue a NEW ONE for me... and for an additional year FOR A FREE COST?.. as a default?...
should i do this prior to expiration date?? it sounds logic?

3) last option is to ask bank and sendthem all the requiremnts and pay the annual fee of the mastercard black, and i will receive priority pass.. promotional.. (but this option i dont want to use..)

DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER IDEA? :confused:

please let me know!

HAPPY FLYING EVERYBODY!

pedxing Jul 24, 2012 10:55 am

Originally Posted by 14940674 (Post 18825807)
Were you pleased with the food offerings at the lounge? I understand it to be a buffet arrangement, but I am unsure of the quality of the food.

The food was mediocre by international lounge standards, but better than most American lounges. There was bread, fruit, and some hot breakfast items. One of the coffee machines was broken when I was there, but I suspect this is not the norm. All in all, worth the trip!

TallestHotelInJapan Jul 24, 2012 4:58 pm

NORWAY !!!

I am so much shocked about the meager offer from Priority Pass. There is not a single lounge in Norway, nothing in Iceland and nothing in Greenland !!!

stifle Jul 28, 2012 6:48 am

I assume you're joking about Iceland and Greenland, each of which have two international airports which are rather small?

gooselee Aug 1, 2012 10:31 am

Originally Posted by nrr (Post 18909651)
I just received an email from priority pass; in LAS (Las Vegas), Terminal 1, D gates (airside), they have opened "The Club". The PP (Select) restriction for the United lounge is not listed for this one.

Has anyone been to this club? How is it?

Have a trip to LAS planned in a month or so and was excited to see that there'd be a lounge (still boggles me why DL or others aside from UA don't have their own here), as I'll have my wife with me who is obsessed with getting to the airport 500 hours before departure... :rolleyes:

gia1681 Aug 8, 2012 8:55 am

How do I know if my priority pass is select? Do the cards look different?

nrr Aug 8, 2012 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by gia1681 (Post 19081720)
How do I know if my priority pass is select? Do the cards look different?

My pp select card has the word select on the front right side running perpendicular to the other words on the card.

levilevi Aug 8, 2012 1:36 pm

US Airways lounges even for select?

Hi there... LONG time lurker, first time poster :)

Got Priority Pass update email today... noticed that US Airways in DCA is back:
http://www.prioritypass.com/lounges/...oungecode=DCA5

I have my card through World Elite Mastercard, and been "downgraded" to PP Select, so most lounges have that disclaimer that Select/membership from credit cards in US not valid there.

But click that link... not there.. the United club in DCA still ahs that "select" disclaimer...

Anyone know anything about this change? If so... some rare GOOD news for us select people!

levilevi Aug 8, 2012 1:42 pm

Hi all... first time poster, long time lurker, but got excited about an email I got so wanted to throw this out there to the experts!

Got an email update from Priority Pass today that the US Airways lounges at DCA were back in the program... now, I have my membership in "select" category from my World Elite Mastercard, so I know most US domestic lounges are not included anymore, but I clicked through to this site:

Airport: Washington (DC) - Ronald Reagan National (DCA), Terminal C

Lounge: US AIRWAYS CLUB

Opening Hours: 05:30 - 21:00 Monday - Friday. 06:00 - 18:30 Saturday. 06:00 - 21:00 Sunday.

Conditions: All immediate family members can enter a US Airways Club with the cardholder, but the number of persons who are not immediate family will be limited to two at any one visit - Cardholder must be 18 years of age or older - Children under 2 years are admitted free - Complimentary house beer and wine available; premium selections of alcohol are subject to payment - Non-smoking.

Additional Information: Wi-Fi access and long distance telephone calls are both subject to payment. Conference facilities must be reserved in advance and are also subject to payment.

** you'll see, no standard "select not valid" terminology there, and to double check, that is found on the United lounge at DCA, etc.

Can anyone check their sites to see if the US Airways lougnes are indeed now available to us lowly PP Select members?

14940674 Aug 8, 2012 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by levilevi (Post 19083887)
Can anyone check their sites to see if the US Airways lougnes are indeed now available to us lowly PP Select members?

US Airways Clubs have always been accessible to PP Select members. The only lounges that are unavailable for PP Select members are United Clubs.

levilevi Aug 8, 2012 7:40 pm

gotcha. thanks for clarifying!

14940674 Aug 8, 2012 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by levilevi (Post 19085925)
gotcha. thanks for clarifying!

No problem. Welcome to FlyerTalk.

TallestHotelInJapan Aug 11, 2012 7:26 pm

No access in Norway, Greenland, Iceland !

Originally Posted by MileCrazy (Post 43586)
has anybody had any experience with priority pass? it's an agreement with several airlines (tw, nw, co, hp, etc.) to allow members to use any club in the program for a yearly fee of about $300. my twa ambassador and delta crown room memberships are up for renewal, and this may be a more economically efficient membership to have (major drawback -- priority pass members cannot bring in guests without paying an exorbitant "visit fee", but my business travel is mostly just by myself anyway, so it's not a big problem for me).

Look, I am a gold member with the Star Alliance. Recently there was a flight with a low cost airline from Oslo to Trondheim. The Priority Pass did not give me access in Oslo. Even more ridiculous, the Priority Club Pass does not give you access anywhere in Norway! No good value from my point of view! Same thing in Iceland and Greenland. No access!

FlyerChrisK Aug 11, 2012 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan (Post 19103445)
Look, I am a gold member with the Star Alliance. Recently there was a flight with a low cost airline from Oslo to Trondheim. The Priority Pass did not give me access in Oslo. Even more ridiculous, the Priority Club Pass does not give you access anywhere in Norway! No good value from my point of view! Same thing in Iceland and Greenland. No access!

If you're a *G, why did you not visit the SK lounges?

TallestHotelInJapan Aug 12, 2012 5:16 am

Originally Posted by FlyerChrisK (Post 19103827)
If you're a *G, why did you not visit the SK lounges?

• Sandefjord ("Oslo")-Trondheim and vice versa with Norwegian = no * access
  • Oslo-Vilnius with Air Baltic = no * access

Another point which I realized: Most Priority Pass lounges are also included in my Diners Club card.