FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TravelBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz-176/)
-   -   Consolidated Thread: Priority Pass for Airport Lounges [through 2012] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz/3848-consolidated-thread-priority-pass-airport-lounges-through-2012-a.html)

tonywestsider Feb 19, 2010 9:16 pm

Hooray for PP for finally making available the UA RCC at IAD! Lounge, at last...

remyontheroad Feb 21, 2010 4:40 am

I was in ORD earlier this month during bad weather delays and the RCC in terminal C was a blessing.

I had checked the site and seen RCCs listed, soi wandered into the one in B, they sent me to C and the first woman at C almost didn't let me in, until the other acknowledged that it was the first day of being back in the program.

A sign on the front desk saying that PP member were not allowed in had been crossed off with a pen...

Have to say that despite my disappointment with the loss of DL, I've been delighted to have the access during all the recent bad weather in the NE these days.

Sydfly Feb 23, 2010 4:06 pm

Lounge access in CMB with next day flight departure

Originally Posted by abfab (Post 10428544)
You do need to be flying actually, even if the lounge is landside.

One of the conditions for lounge access on PP is that admittance to lounges is strictly subject to cardholders and any guests being in possession of a valid flight ticket for the same day of travel.

I've got a few questions. I'll be arriving on Oman Air in CMB at 6pm connecting to a SQ flight to SIN at 1am (the next calendar day!). Firstly, does anyone know the airport and can tell me whether I could have access to the Lotus Lounge when I arrive? I'm assuming that it's a fairly small airport and no separation between arrivals and departures...I'd rather kill 4 hours or so in the lounge, then check-in for my onward flight and come back to the lounge.

I read that some people were able to use PP lounge upon arrival. Is this possible as long as I show them my boarding pass from my arrival flight?

If not, how about I show them the TICKET for my onward flight on SQ? I wouldn't have a boarding pass yet because check-in doesn't open until 3 hours prior but I will have an eticket confirmation.

The other problem I'm seeing is that my next flight is not the same day as it will depart at 1am. So, does this mean they will not let me into the lounge until after midnight? That sounds crazy :confused:

GregGH Mar 16, 2010 6:24 pm

it is just me --of is the UA lounge in Chicago not worth the effort -- no drinks and they refuse you the wifi .. ? My Daughter was there and they where RUDE to her and made sure she knew that NO drinks and NO comp WIFI.

For me --I still miss lounges in DTW & SAN ( term#2) -- some big holes in my travel plans. Those NW lounges will be missed.

Greg

ORDnHKG Mar 16, 2010 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by GregGH (Post 13589471)
it is just me --of is the UA lounge in Chicago not worth the effort -- no drinks and they refuse you the wifi .. ? My Daughter was there and they where RUDE to her and made sure she knew that NO drinks and NO comp WIFI.

Regarding free wifi, UA has to protect the value of RCC members, if not, people would join PP instead if RCC.

This is PP's issue, they didn't negotiate for PP's member to get free wifi in UA lounge. But if you think about it, UA RCC charge a higher rate for general member than PP's. Also UA RCC one time pass the lowest you can get is $39, whereas PP only charging $27 per visit. If UA is going to offer free wifi for PP's members, UA is going to loss money.

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 13420420)
Regarding UA, that's kinda weird that only one of the ORD RCC's is PP?

Why is it weird ? I mean what more do you want ? People complain when there is none, people still complain when there is one. :rolleyes: If you want access to all 4 RCC in ORD, then either use your UA miles or purchase a RCC membership, or become a non UA*G.

zhaobao Mar 16, 2010 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by mister__big (Post 13202172)
I predominantly fly out of Asian cities and most of the feedback here so far are based on North American/European lounges. Does anyone have any experiences with Priority Pass lounges in Asia, in particular SIN, TPE, SGN and BKK lounges?

All Plaza Premium lounges worldwide are part of the Priority Pass network. There are two lounges in HKG. The flagship one, recently opened, is supposedly the largest lounge in the world. The lounge has a dark decor inside, and has a spacious layout with decent food. Plenty of internet stations.

Went to Louis Tavern in BKK. Very nice seating and decent snacks/desserts/drinks. Again internet stations.

stimpy Mar 17, 2010 1:25 am

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG (Post 13590851)
Why is it weird ? I mean what more do you want ? People complain when there is none, people still complain when there is one. :rolleyes: If you want access to all 4 RCC in ORD, then either use your UA miles or purchase a RCC membership, or become a non UA*G.

How does a non UA *G give you access to a domestic RCC? I have Star G through UA, CO and US (CO and US comped). But I don't think that gets me into an RCC.

However, I found out recently that my comped CO card, which is registered to my Euro address, also comps me to a CO PC card which does give me RCC access. So I guess I don't have to worry about PP anymore at RCC's. :)

PFKMan23 Mar 17, 2010 7:55 am

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 13591395)
How does a non UA *G give you access to a domestic RCC? I have Star G through UA, CO and US (CO and US comped). But I don't think that gets me into an RCC.

Only way that I can think of would be if you were riding PS business.

Robbiemp Mar 31, 2010 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by Sydfly (Post 13449668)
I've got a few questions. I'll be arriving on Oman Air in CMB at 6pm connecting to a SQ flight to SIN at 1am (the next calendar day!). Firstly, does anyone know the airport and can tell me whether I could have access to the Lotus Lounge when I arrive? I'm assuming that it's a fairly small airport and no separation between arrivals and departures...I'd rather kill 4 hours or so in the lounge, then check-in for my onward flight and come back to the lounge.

I read that some people were able to use PP lounge upon arrival. Is this possible as long as I show them my boarding pass from my arrival flight?

If not, how about I show them the TICKET for my onward flight on SQ? I wouldn't have a boarding pass yet because check-in doesn't open until 3 hours prior but I will have an eticket confirmation.

The other problem I'm seeing is that my next flight is not the same day as it will depart at 1am. So, does this mean they will not let me into the lounge until after midnight? That sounds crazy :confused:

There are 2 lounges at CMB - Araliya and Lotus, which are both pretty close to the gates (in the transit area) and accessible without passing immigration. Lotus is for First Class passengers, but if you have a Priority Pass card they will let you access it. As far as I know, there is no time limit, and the lounge is great, with hot food and a good variety of free drinks.

bosbiz Apr 2, 2010 11:04 am

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 13591395)

Looking forward to the PP lounges in ORD and IAD if and when I need to use them.

Note: If you are a *G, you can get access to non UA/CO/US lounges in the United States even without (for example) a RCC pass.

I don't have RCC membership, but have used the SQ lounge in SFO, and the LH lounge in IAD even on an all-domestic UA itinerary. This is based on *G status and an *G flight outbound, even if domestic. However their hours are usually synchronized to their flights.

jeanpierre13 Apr 12, 2010 2:16 pm

Want to buy priority pass....

Hi there,
I want to buy priority pass but I don't find information about meals and beverage in lounge. Could you tell me if it's always available or not in all lounges. Thank you very much.

stimpy Apr 12, 2010 6:28 pm

You can get food, at least snacks, at all lounges, and soft drinks. There is alcohol in all lounges except where prohibited by law. And some of the lounges in the US may charge for alcohol, but not all.

In the PP directory it lists what each lounge has.

Eastbay1K Apr 12, 2010 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by jeanpierre13 (Post 13756577)
Hi there,
I want to buy priority pass but I don't find information about meals and beverage in lounge. Could you tell me if it's always available or not in all lounges. Thank you very much.

The food spread varies greatly. None have what I'd call a meal. But some have what you could make a meal out of. Others just have a "paltry salty" selection - some chips and nuts, and some cheese/crackers.

Alcohol selection varies greatly, as well as whether you pay (but I only recall seeing a few outside of the US where you pay).

stimpy Apr 12, 2010 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 13757987)
Alcohol selection varies greatly, as well as whether you pay (but I only recall seeing a few outside of the US where you pay).

Which ones outside the US make you pay for alcohol? Come to think of it, the only lounges in the PP system that make you pay are the few UA RCC's. All the rest of the lounges in the US offer free alcohol from my memory.

The lounges in some Arab countries don't have any alcohol. Ditto for domestic lounges in India.

Eastbay1K Apr 12, 2010 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 13758004)
Which ones outside the US make you pay for alcohol? Come to think of it, the only lounges in the PP system that make you pay are the few UA RCC's. All the rest of the lounges in the US offer free alcohol from my memory.

The lounges in some Arab countries don't have any alcohol. Ditto for domestic lounges in India.

The Relax @LAX you pay for booze. I also recall seeing a few others elsewhere that you pay for booze. PUJ you pay for all (there was just an update earlier this month). I think there are a few others.