FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TravelBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz-176/)
-   -   Consolidated Thread: Priority Pass for Airport Lounges [through 2012] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz/3848-consolidated-thread-priority-pass-airport-lounges-through-2012-a.html)

victormc Jul 8, 2009 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by roots (Post 12035131)
My parents are flying JL next month and they'll have about 10 hours layover at NRT T2. They have Priority Pass memberships.

However according to the info I gathered from Priority Pass website, the IASS lounge at T2 is located outside of the secure area. Is this correct? So does this mean that transiting pax will need to go through immigration to use the lounge?

Any info will be appreciated. TIA.

It is located in T2 main building 4th floor. Check this URL for map and details. Not too sure if it is outside secure area but there is a phone number at this link where you can call the lounge to find out for sure. Hope that helps

http://www.narita-airport.jp/en/guid.../61_t2_4f.html

danielonn Aug 6, 2009 11:37 pm

Priority Pass dropping DL now what?

With Delta SkyClubs officially ending their agreement with PP on September 1st I was wondering if anyone here knows what lounges they will offer to make up for this loss.

Why can't the Bank of America Accolades Credit card pick up the SkyClubs on September 1st to make up to their valued private bankers?

Would American Admirals Club add all of there lounges like at SJC?

Any speculations would be most appreciative.

Eastbay1K Aug 10, 2009 10:51 pm

Question from transition from Accolades free membership to paid membership

My relationship with BofA is probably going to end soon. I have no use whatsoever for the Accolades CC but for the free PP. I find that the PP works pretty well for me, and am willing to pay, preferably one of the discounted promos going on (for unlimited visits).

(1) Will they let me do this, as an existing member (the discount)?
(2) My PP expiration date is later than my Accolades renewal date - will they start the paid year when the free term expires? (The CC backing the free term will probably be gone before the end of the term.)
(3) Anything else I haven't thought of?

stimpy Aug 11, 2009 12:16 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 12206547)
(3) Anything else I haven't thought of?

If you get the Amex Centurion (or maybe the Platinum?) card you get free unlimited PP usage. But I would only do that if you get significant benefit from the other value that these cards bring.

seaskybound Aug 11, 2009 2:53 am

Is dropping these DL/NW clubs reason to ask to refund card?

On a pro-rata basis?

I think PP managment really messed up in their orignal agreement at such a short cancelation period.

GenevaFlyer Aug 11, 2009 4:21 am

Hi seaskybound,

Originally Posted by seaskybound (Post 12207095)
I think PP managment really messed up in their orignal agreement at such a short cancelation period.

I don't think we can say that. It may have been that DL informed PP months ago, but that PP tried to renegotiate this cancellation for a very long time ... don't give up on a deal until the fat lady sings.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer

seaskybound Aug 11, 2009 4:53 am

Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer (Post 12207222)
Hi seaskybound,

I don't think we can say that. It may have been that DL informed PP months ago, but that PP tried to renegotiate this cancellation for a very long time ... don't give up on a deal until the fat lady sings.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer

In reality we don't know who negotiated what etc. I do know that 2-3 months of notice for such a monumental change is bad business management. 1 thing is for sure they did not negotiate a "1 yr pre-notification before dropping clause" from DL.

scubadiver Aug 11, 2009 11:38 am

IAD is my home airport. I will not be renewing, nor will Mrs. Scubadiver. We have been PP fans from the very beginning. We have maintained membership even in years we don't travel much. Coffee and a bagel starting a trip and a clean restroom on return meant so much.

ayg Aug 20, 2009 11:47 am

I'm cancelling mine when it comes up for renewal this coming spring. Its gone from convenient to useless with the removal of DL/NW clubs. Unless they pull a rabbit out of a hat and add all domestic AA clubs its over...

Guess I shouldn't have cancelled that Plat Amex which is probably much more difficult to get back lately compared to when I was offered it a few years ago.

kanerf Sep 7, 2009 8:47 am

I just renewed last month and contacted PP and asked if I could cancel. They said that I could and I will probably take them up on it. I get a free lowball PP card with one of CC anyway, the one where you have to pay for every access. I was really waiting to see what they would do. My RCC card is due for renewal at the end of next month and if PP were to add more of the RCCs, such as IAD and LAX, where I transit most frequently, it would be a viable option. Otherwise, I will drop the thing. I am UA PE, so I get international Star Alliance anyway.

DanTheMan39 Sep 8, 2009 9:24 pm

Is a complete list of all of the clubs available anywhere? I cannot find one on the website, and on here I only find a list of "newly added" clubs.

I fly almost exclusively UA, and will be buying either a PP membership or a RCC membership depending on the clubs.

Paso Fino Sep 11, 2009 4:19 pm

Delta Northwest pp denial

Today I was surprised to be denied entry to the NW-Delta lounge at O'Hare because NW and Delta clubs no longer accept Priority Pass.

The lounge directory showed that there is only one lounge at OHare that allows Priority Pass and that is the Swiss lounge at Terminal 5.

This is very bad news.

DBCme Sep 11, 2009 4:48 pm

Wow...this thread is over 10 years old! Didn't even know FT had been around that long.

sbm12 Sep 11, 2009 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by Paso Fino (Post 12367313)
The lounge directory showed that there is only one lounge at OHare that allows Priority Pass and that is the Swiss lounge at Terminal 5.

This is very bad news.

Yup...DL SkyClubs withdrew their participation as of September 1.

SkyTeam777 Sep 13, 2009 6:21 pm

Any updates on this? Can pax use it upon arrival as well with a Priority Pass card?

I will also be flying out a different day on ANA...is this the same terminal that ANA uses? I heard their Business Class lounge is nothing special.