FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TravelBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz-176/)
-   -   Signs you travel too much. [Archived] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz/370953-signs-you-travel-too-much-archived.html)

frequentfoulup Mar 23, 2005 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by Seachain
When the FA asks what you want for dinner....

FA: "turkey dinner or vegetable risotto?"
moi: "emmm...."
FA: "let's see, you had the risotto last night and the Turkey's not much better than you had on Monday... tell you what, fancy an egg sandwich from Economy? no, that was Wednesday's choice..."
moi: i'll just take a drink tonight, actually..."
FA: "usual?"
moi: "why not."

Or, a new entree is offered and you actually get excited about it!

Delta Hog Mar 23, 2005 1:30 pm

When you can rattle off every FF and hotel loyalty number from memory . . . for your spouse and kids.

rbedgood Mar 24, 2005 12:49 am

Just a couple signs you travel too much

Conversation with wife

Me: Hi honey, I'm on my way home from the airport. Can you park your Sentra out front so I turn in the right driveway...
W: Ummm...babe, we got rid of the sentra last year

Conversation with brother
B: Hey bro, guys are getting together this afternoon for a poker game, you in?
R: Sure, why don't you guys hop on a plane head over. I have the presidential suite...i'll order room service and....

When you are on 3 softball teams, none in your home city. One with favorite bar, one with hotel, one with client's business. (did this when I worked for my last job)

Last one, (occurs frequently)
When you have to look at the address on the hotel phone or guest services directory to know what city you are in...

Strawb Mar 24, 2005 5:48 am

I talk to myself a lot when I'm doing something boring. In English AND French: Good morning ladies and gentlemen and welcome aboard...bonjour madams et messieurs, et bienvenue abord...

When someone presses the intercom ar home I usually say "Hello, are you travelling First Class? If it's not family then I get a baffled silence.

Frightening what too much travel can do to one's mind isn't it?

aisleorwindow Mar 24, 2005 9:21 am

When you get excited about your first flight of the month because of the new crossword puzzle in the in-flight magazine. :o

Savvy Traveler Mar 24, 2005 10:26 am

Haven't read the whole thread, so I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but...

When you get spam e-mail with a subject line that says, "make 1K" and you immediately click on it thinking it is a fast-track status promo from United. :D

bursa Mar 24, 2005 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by ender83
When you get spam e-mail with a subject line that says, "make 1K" and you immediately click on it thinking it is a fast-track status promo from United. :D

That means you're on FT too much :D and you travel too little on UA ;) Time to take a flight!
(ok, this coming from someone who'd love status on UA! hehe)

dd992emo Mar 25, 2005 4:19 am

Travel too much

My wife is constantly having to remind me to turn the headlights on in our car at night. Why aren't these things automatic like rentals?

gradvmedusa Mar 25, 2005 5:52 am

Not Bad

Originally Posted by CApreppie
Darn--I only got 10 out of 12=83.3%. :(

11 out of 12 but I don't fly nearly as often as the other's I'm just ultra observant I guess, plus some CAP training and a few hours of my own. Still I'm proud of myself :).

iCorpRoadie Nov 29, 2005 1:30 pm

Bump, forgot all about this one!

flamboyant 1 Nov 29, 2005 2:28 pm

you earn over 500000 miles for renting cars so often...

Lehava Nov 29, 2005 2:29 pm

*you run into a friend on the street and they say "you're home?" as if it should be reported on CNN

*you schedule your next hair appt and the hair dresser just laughs and says "you know you'll be out of town then" (and is right, he also just laughs when you call to reschedule it).

*scheduling dr and other personal appts requires more work than you last 12 flight bookings

*you end up having to tell the FA what time zone the airport is in before they make their arrival announment

*your doorbell rings and you reach down to make sure your seatbelt is on and your recliner is in its full and upright position

*In the security line you find yourself guiding others along "shoes off, laptops out of the bag, put that on the belt"

*You walk into hotel, they see you and invite you into back for GM's birthday cake

*You see the desk agent for your hotel out in public and they recognize you and call you by name

*You can tell the FA on your CRJ flights whether there will be a jet bridge or not at any given airport and exactly where the gate check baggage will be.

*You only speak in airport codes, and you find yourself addressing envelopes with the (example: 123 flyer street, MSP, MN 12345)

*every sentence you use starts with "last week when I was in................"

*You can have a full conversation with the FA about the upcoming changes in the snack basket contents and you inform her of changes she didnt know were coming. (oh wait that means you spend too much time on FT *smile*)

*You know EXACTLY what the FA left our or messed up in the speech!

I can NOT believe no one has ever done a sitcom with a character in it who travels for work.

bpauker Nov 29, 2005 2:30 pm

You look at your points statements, and you find a trip on there you can't remember taking.

Lehava Nov 29, 2005 2:32 pm

You have more gold, platinum, Silver and Diamonds in your wallet than you do your jewelry box.

venice4504 Nov 29, 2005 2:36 pm

On another thread recently, there was a guy that was able to stash away bottle openers in hotel rooms around the world and then he would be able to remember what room, hotel and where it was...