FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TravelBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz-176/)
-   -   Signs you travel too much. [Archived] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz/370953-signs-you-travel-too-much-archived.html)

party_boy Jul 9, 2007 5:52 pm

Wow. I haven't seen this thread in a while. I have another one to add....
You know where the airline crew overnights. When you make plans to get drinks, you know they're staying at the Hilton and how to get there.

Daria Jul 9, 2007 5:53 pm

- You wake up in the morning and don't know where you are because there isn't a light under the door when suddenly you realize you are at home.

- Someone calls you on your cell phone and asks you where you are and you have to look at the local newspaper to give them an answer.

- Family time with the kids is spent in the maple leaf lounge in between flights (thankfully yqr's mll used to be outside security)

- You keep 2-3 suitcases packed at a time to minimize laundry and re-packing time

powerlifter Jul 9, 2007 5:55 pm

You travel to the same city to much

When you get into the rental car and turn to the radio station you want to listen to.
You walk into the bar and the bartender calls you by name,and pours your drink without asking. :D
You know most of the locals at the bar by their names.
The hotel knows you so well that you always get the same room. ^
The waitress at the cafe you go often to calls you by name, and ask how long you in town for.

Kiwi Flyer Jul 9, 2007 6:03 pm

When you get bumped off a flight and put straight on a competitors flight that leaves in 20 minutes, and you still get the best seat on the a/c.

When you turn on your phone on arrival of that same flight to find you have 5 voicemail messages from the airline of your next flight (local, national and an overseas call centre) all telling you your next flight is significantly delayed so they've protected you on an earlier (full) flight instead. Then on entering the lounge they hand you a BP before you even say a word, with an improved seat on that flight.

When you spot an error with the boarding time and gate before the airline even realises there is a problem.

FCYTravis Jul 9, 2007 8:45 pm

Bayporter shuttle drivers know you by name. All of them.

czhang Jul 9, 2007 9:31 pm

A flight crew walks into the hotel and you wonder "What took you so long?"

serfty Jul 9, 2007 9:44 pm

... when you seriously considered not renewing your Expert Flyer annual premium subscription as it no longer gives all the information it once did ...

- but than you realize that if you do you will lose the 60+ saved queries for bucket availability, seat maps, fares etc for Flights you have coming up in the next few months. :confused:

Timfid Jul 9, 2007 9:46 pm

You know all your frequent flyer numbers by heart but you can't remember your home phone number.

VelvetKennedy Jul 9, 2007 9:59 pm

You could steal cars from Hertz because they just wave you on without asking for an ID when you leave the garage.

jwrhn Jul 9, 2007 10:13 pm

When my brand new baby daughter was born while I was on a trip the first thing I wanted to do when I saw her was teach her to yawn so she would not cry with the changes in pressure on a plane...

labeach Jul 9, 2007 11:10 pm

When you know the routes to and from the airport better then the taxi drivers.

When you know the exact amount of beers to take with pills to sleep for a certain amount of hours on longhaul.

when the hotel will wash your clothes and have them ready when you show up agian next week.

lifeonitsown Jul 9, 2007 11:34 pm

Even with laptop, jacket, and carry on bag, it only takes you a few minutes to clear the security cauz you are ready before you get there.

When arriving from the international destination, you can exactly figure out the rush you will meet at the immigration counter and you can pace yourself to avoid long lines.

When the food courts at the airports pack your lunch/dinner and bill it even without you asking.

mstraveler Jul 9, 2007 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer (Post 8028969)
When you get bumped off a flight and put straight on a competitors flight that leaves in 20 minutes, and you still get the best seat on the a/c.

When you turn on your phone on arrival of that same flight to find you have 5 voicemail messages from the airline of your next flight (local, national and an overseas call centre) all telling you your next flight is significantly delayed so they've protected you on an earlier (full) flight instead. Then on entering the lounge they hand you a BP before you even say a word, with an improved seat on that flight.

When you spot an error with the boarding time and gate before the airline even realises there is a problem.

Sounds almost worth travelling too much :D

lili Jul 9, 2007 11:46 pm

The offsite parking shuttle driver recognizes me and knows where exactly where my car is parked, even though I have no clue.

iCorpRoadie Jul 10, 2007 6:27 am

Walking to my room last night and I thought I was in another city, state all together, forgetting even where and what floor my room was on!