FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TravelBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz-176/)
-   -   Signs you travel too much. [Archived] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz/370953-signs-you-travel-too-much-archived.html)

TrekkerMary Jul 10, 2007 8:01 am

* When you write your FF number on your bank deposit instead of your account number.

* When in your hometown, anytime you see a plane taking off you know where it's headed and it's flight number. Regardless of the airline.

* On the same vein - you can tell what time it is by what plane is taking off when you pass the airport.

iCorpRoadie Jul 10, 2007 8:10 am

Originally Posted by TrekkerMary (Post 8032012)

* On the same vein - you can tell what time it is by what plane is taking off when you pass the airport.

Oh I know that one too all to well.

szg Jul 10, 2007 8:21 am

Originally Posted by iCorpRoadie (Post 8032075)
Oh I know that one too all to well.

ups, I know them also !!:D

redbeard911 Jul 10, 2007 9:09 am

Originally Posted by spotwelder (Post 3412838)
You think that 32A is an economy window seat and not your girlfriend's bra size

You may need to look into TWO upgrades. ;)

Shoveldr Jul 10, 2007 9:16 am

You submit two separate expense reports for the same week; putting all the expenses that will be challenged and delay payment into one and everything else in another.

You automatically convert the cost of items at Best Buy and Home Depot into hotel and credit card points.

You go grocery shopping once a month and everything is frozen, in boxes or cans. (Yes I live alone).

You think it's normal to store your luggage in the living room (unpack it, wash it, repack it).

You've read every book in the airport book stores.

You lend someone a book and 4 boarding passes fall out.

You know where all the electrical outlets are at all the airports you use.

You carry the sleeve of your room key with you to remember your room number.

You get upset that the company sales meeting is at a resort in Key West because you won't get hotel points there.

You've ever had some spare time and thought about getting the oil changed, and then remember your car is 1000 miles away.

You know where the nearest Fedex/Kinkos is in every major city.

You can get your laptop and liquids in and out of your carry ons while walking.

You can find your flight status on the monitors without slowing while putting on your watch and belt.

You've had a four day business trip to Vegas approved with out question but are challenged on the necessity of a one day trip to Little Rock.

Shoveldr Jul 10, 2007 9:32 am

One More:

You can consistently get a Belgian waffle out of the machine at the hotel continental breakfast without it sticking and falling apart.

hsh101 Jul 10, 2007 9:47 am

Originally Posted by Shoveldr (Post 8032535)
You know where all the electrical outlets are at all the airports you use.

Better yet, you know which ones to avoid as they don't work.

I think frequent travelers should be allowed to submit work requests at airports, then maybe the outlets at PHL C19 would someday work again...

powerlifter Jul 10, 2007 11:23 am

Just remembered one more. I was in Kyrgyzstan last week,and called a colleague in the states for an upcoming trip. His wife says he is not at home. I walk into a cafe, and the person I called is having breakfast in the cafe.

Sancha Jul 10, 2007 12:26 pm

Hang on, I'm confused... are y'all saying these things aren't normal?

MKEbound Jul 10, 2007 2:39 pm

You get upset that the company sales meeting is at a resort in Key West because you won't get hotel points there.

Here, here!

lifeonitsown Jul 10, 2007 3:20 pm

When you start including your FF and rewards balances in net worth.

When you make a Will that includes only your FF balances because you know that your family may end up fighting for your FF balances but not your other assets.

Kiwi Flyer Jul 10, 2007 4:21 pm

when you know which country to call for your airline/FFP to get the best answer, and the times shifts start and end for best results

when you know the start and end times the local number for your airline/FFP diverts to various international call centres, for 4 different airlines/FFPs

Kiwi Flyer Jul 10, 2007 4:24 pm

You know where all the electrical outlets are at all the airports you use

... and which ones don't work properly.
You also know where a desk is stored away that you can move next to the electrical outlet to work on, at the few airports that are without a lounge.

envgeo Jul 10, 2007 4:38 pm

When you decide that you can forgoe renting an apartment for the year and store belongings at your parents house on the few weekends you decide not to crash at a buddy's apartment in some other town. - I had a friend that was an auditor for Fed Ex and did this. He was out of town so much and was fairly fresh out of college and single.

lifeonitsown Jul 10, 2007 8:49 pm

This thread is my all time favorite... There should be wiki for this.