FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TravelBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz-176/)
-   -   Signs you travel too much. [Archived] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz/370953-signs-you-travel-too-much-archived.html)

runningshoes Nov 23, 2004 9:09 pm

When the DL agents in ORF start giving me flak about flying that "other" airline (UA).

When I can't find the Mexican place for lunch when I'm at the home office, and it takes a few seconds to register that the place I'm looking for is in LA.

When I bring home a monthly schedule and my wife throws it away because it has too many Office days on it and it's going to change in a day or two anyway.

When your friends call you every time they need help with a trip and the TA or A/L can't get it right.

PS - I printed this thread to prove to others that I'm not crazy, and if I am, at least I'm in good company. Thanks for the laughs :)

ninerfan Nov 26, 2004 12:16 pm

When your idea of a great vacation is cleaning the garage, doing yardwork and eating home cooked food

SarahWest Nov 26, 2004 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by DLmedalliongold
And It's really bad if you know it in spanish:

"...No permitito fumar en este o en ningun otro vuelo de Delta. Las Leyes federalez prohiban forzar, desactivar o deystruir las dectectores de humo de los banos..."

Especially as you don't even speak Spanish!

When the airline lounge staff in a foreign country greet you by name and don't ask to see your photo ID

When the TSA screeners, Immigration and Customs officers remember you from past visits

When you party with the hotel manager on his nights off

lokijuh Nov 29, 2004 7:01 am

* Your partner/family/friends take you out to an expensive restaurant on your birthday and all you want to do is be at home
* You arrange to catch up with colleagues who work on the next desk to you interstate/overseas, because you're never in the office at the same time together
* You are heaps more productive working on a laptop sitting on a bed than sitting at a desk
* You know more about fare codes, airport codes & fare conditions than your Travel Agent

CWK Nov 29, 2004 10:17 am

When you get back home and go through the customschannel and the nice guy or woman asks you where you are from. Most times I have to think 5-10 seconds, which will be quite suspicious. :rolleyes:

Or when you get at the agent-desk to get your tickets. Staff will get the tickets without asking you any questions.

Waking up in your hotel and ask yourself where yo are.

Little Dragon Kitty Nov 29, 2004 10:55 am

Originally Posted by underpressure
Your family really believes that you ae a CIA Operative because you are gone so much.

:D That's a good one!

I think about this too sometimes about someone I know who travels so intensely.

Anyway, here's my answer!

When you ride a plane more than you ride a bus.

Kiwi Flyer Nov 29, 2004 11:14 am

When you fly more often than you drive/passenger in a car.

When you call for a cab and there's a fight amongst the nearby drivers as they know you'll be off to airport (quite a decent fare here).

jdrumm95 Nov 30, 2004 10:52 am

You have memorized your Corp card number, 3 frequent flyer numbers, 4 hotel frequent stayer numbers, your rental car preferred number.....but have to ask your DW what your home zip code is :p

roundtheworld Nov 30, 2004 12:44 pm

When you never have used an upgrade certs because you always fly first paid or on miles business (got 18 now , the rest I gave away for friends traveling with me) :D

When you do not require reservation in your favorite restaurant in Buenos Aires, because they know you by name.

When you actually bring your own DVD's for the flight because you have seen all of the movies

When you have been traveling first since you were three (I can count my Y class exprience on one hand) and you are annoyed that they didn't have FFP at that time...

When you correct the travel agent and tell him that there is an A / F seat to your destination when you take a different routing and the routing is allowed under the max mileage rule

When your per diem is enough to pay for all the christmas gifts you buy

When you buy a F ticket for you infant on miles because you want to have the space to sleep

boilermaker Nov 30, 2004 2:47 pm

My life:

You purchase a house in a new development that is halfway built. Every time you return home, there are new houses and you get lost trying to find yours.

Kiwi Flyer Nov 30, 2004 3:32 pm

You have notes and coins for half a dozen currencies in your wallet but none of your home currency.

underpressure Nov 30, 2004 3:45 pm

You pass out foreign coins to Tick or Treaters on Halloween and don't really care what they are worth.

FemaleFlyer Dec 1, 2004 8:08 pm

I think the Atlanta W is impressive...

Originally Posted by drtravix
Now that's impressive - you travel too much. :)

for their level of service and hope that others with patronize them because of this (I feel guilty for never sending a thank you card for that wonderful gift, so I hope this will make up for it).

jan_az Dec 1, 2004 10:13 pm

Many yrs ago David Letterman did this schitch on 10 ways you know you work for INtel - at the time I worked there - but some of these are appropriate for this thread

You lecture the neighborhood kids selling lemonade on ways to improve their process

You get all excited when it's Saturday so you can wear sweats to work

You refer to the tomatoes grown in your garden as "deliverables"

You find you really need PowerPoint to explain what you do for a living

You normally eat out of vending machines and at the most expensive restaurant in town within the same week
You think that "progressing an action plan" and "calendarizing a project" are acceptable English phrases

You know the people at airports and hotels better than your next door neighbors
You ask your friends to "think out of the box" when making Friday night plans

You think Einstein would have been more effective had he put his ideas into a matrix

And, the number one sign you work for a semiconductor company:

You think a "half-day" means leaving at 5 O'clock.

UScolorado1k Dec 1, 2004 11:53 pm

You only buy watches that can show multiple time zones (preferably at the same time).....

Your wife always calls you on your cell because she knows it will reach you anywhere in the world.......

You only get credit cards that that will give you electronic billing because you are never home to get the paper bills.....

You spend so much time in a particular hotel that they start saving the same room for you week after week after week after week.....

You always park your car in the same area of the same parking lot at the airport because otherwise you would never find it....

When filling out forms that ask for "home address" you continually have to stop yourself from writing "Marriott"....

And my personal favorite:

all of your gifts for family memebers and friends for the past three years have been purchased out of the SKYMALL catalog!