FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TravelBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz-176/)
-   -   Signs you travel too much. [Archived] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz/370953-signs-you-travel-too-much-archived.html)

gelizon Mar 2, 2005 8:11 pm

When you live out of a suitcase when you're home.[/QUOTE]
I ALWAYS live out of my suitcase and especially when I'm home

CPRich Mar 2, 2005 8:22 pm

You happen to run across an FAA test on taxiway marking and taxi instructions - Runway Safety - and get a perfect score.

dd992emo Mar 18, 2005 3:55 am

Signs...

This one happened to me yesterday....visiting one of our sites and someone asked me where I was staying. I had to look at the paper coffee cup I had from the lobby. Hampton Inn!

aisleorwindow Mar 18, 2005 9:36 am

Originally Posted by BamaVol
When you place your hands under the faucet at home, expecting the water to come on by itself.

LOL!! I have to admit I do this ALL the time :)

Here's one:

When every article of clothing you own has a boarding pass stuffed into one of the pockets!

Kate_Canuck Mar 18, 2005 10:54 am

- You've memorized your passport number but can't remember your home telephone number.

- You stand outside your front door for a minute, looking for the card reader to open the door.

- In a bar in your hometown, you walk up to the bar and say "Toilet?" (an almost universally recognized word), instead of trying the complete sentence ("May I use your washroom please?")

CApreppie Mar 18, 2005 10:55 am

Originally Posted by CPRich
You happen to run across an FAA test on taxiway marking and taxi instructions - Runway Safety - and get a perfect score.

Darn--I only got 10 out of 12=83.3%. :(

Points Scrounger Mar 22, 2005 11:54 am

Originally Posted by DLmedalliongold
You tell the FA's to sit down so you can do the safety demo, since you have it memorized...

"Welcome Aboard Delta Air Lines. The most important service we can provide for you is to ensure your safety. Please pay close attention as we demonstrate... ...If you are seated in an exit row and do not meet these requirements, or if you don't want to sit there, please notify a flight attendant now.. ..The white lights lead to red lights, and exit signs, which show you the exits. Please take a few moments to locate the two nearest exits, and keep in mind, they might be behind you..."

And It's really bad if you know it in spanish:

"...No permitito fumar en este o en ningun otro vuelo de Delta. Las Leyes federalez prohiban forzar, desactivar o deystruir las dectectores de humo de los banos..."

Hey -- I learned that "tripulacion" means "crew" in English in that video. The blond female "lead" in that production looks downright paranoid as she "looks around for the nearest exit" though.

FemaleFlyer Mar 22, 2005 7:03 pm

Not terribly interesting, but true

When you are at a viewing the night before a funeral and your mother asks you which city you were in last week (then reveals that she had a bet with your grandmother on the city, which mom lost and grandma won).

Pickles Mar 22, 2005 7:19 pm

When you have to look up your home phone number on your PDA. True for me, and somewhat embarassing....

Flyin'Mom Mar 22, 2005 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by g_leyser

When you place your hands under the faucet at home, expecting the water to come on by itself.

LOL!! I have to admit I do this ALL the time :)

Twice now I've walked back into my bathroom at home to find the faucet still running...no telling how long it had been on. Last time I had been in there I must have just walked off after washing my hands...aren't all those things controlled by sensors? :rolleyes:

FemaleFlyer Mar 22, 2005 10:15 pm

I guess I actually don't fly enough

Originally Posted by Flyin'Mom
Twice now I've walked back into my bathroom at home to find the faucet still running...no telling how long it had been on. Last time I had been in there I must have just walked off after washing my hands...aren't all those things controlled by sensors? :rolleyes:

Even though I fly Mon-Thurs or Mon-Fri every week, I still walk into the hotel bathrooms expecting the light to come on automatically (we have motion sensor lights in our bathrooms at home).

I'm also working with a client where they have automatic hand soap dispensers in the bathrooms, but not automatic faucets (I fail to see the value of this, because the automatic soap dispenser keep spitting out soap into the sink while I'm already washing my hands). Because I'm so conditioned to the airport automatic faucets, I have, on more than one occasion, forgotten to turn off the faucets at this client, but have caught myself before leaving the bathroom on all occasions.

DFW Consultant Mar 23, 2005 12:12 pm

Mail Gets Cancelled

When you get home after a month of traveling and have no mail at all only to find out the USPS thought you moved and left no forwarding address. Nothing like getting all your mail for a month returned to sender! At least the landord slid his letter that was returned under the door so I knew what happened right away.

Delta Hog Mar 23, 2005 12:31 pm

I've done that!!

Or (and I've done this, too) you walk away from a toilet, expecting it to flush itself. :rolleyes:

MadTheologian Mar 23, 2005 12:35 pm

When you fish around your wallet and found 25 hotel room keys, 5 hotel loyalty cards, 3 FF cards but only 2 credit cards.

lihue1k Mar 23, 2005 12:40 pm

You check into your hotel (TLV no less) for your 3rd February consecutive February visit - and the desk agent says "welcome back Mr. Lihue1k doesn't your wife mind you missing Valentines every year?"

Did however remember to mail the V-Day from the airport though, at least this year. ;)

Lihu'e1K