Wiki Posts
Search

KIX/ITM question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2004, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP 1K Million Miler, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum
KIX/ITM question

Anyone familiar with Osaka, what is involved in going from KIX to ITM? Is this a major hassle? Is there any kind of shuttle? What kind of time frame?

Any help is appreciated.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 12:06 am

It's nontrivial, since KIX is (way) to the south of Osaka, while ITM is to the north. The most practical option is the direct "limousine" bus (80 minutes, ~Y2000, subject to traffic). Transportation buffs might want to consider taking Nankai to Umeda, Hankyu to Hotarugaike or Senrichuo, and then the Osaka Monorail to ITM, but this obviously requires two connections and Umeda in particular is not the easiest station in the world to navigate.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 1:23 am

Agree. The limousine bus the the most hassle-free. Depending on the time of day, it can be easy or dreadful. But at least you're sitting.

The train options are kind of complicated for someone unfamiliar with Umeda.

I think there is a hydrofoil service from KIX to Kobe, but then you are stuck with a few train changes to get to KIX on Hankyu.

Take the bus.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP 1K Million Miler, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Droneklax
Agree. The limousine bus the the most hassle-free. Depending on the time of day, it can be easy or dreadful. But at least you're sitting.

The train options are kind of complicated for someone unfamiliar with Umeda.

I think there is a hydrofoil service from KIX to Kobe, but then you are stuck with a few train changes to get to KIX on Hankyu.

Take the bus.
thanks to both you and jpatokal for information. very much appreciated.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by Droneklax
I wanted to try this out earlier this month, but unfortunately the service has been terminated. Hydrofoils now cross only from KIX to Awaji Island, which is convinient for Shikoku but not much else.
Old Oct 19, 2004, 12:06 pm

Help getting from ITM to Osaka Hotel

I am going from LAX to NRT to ITM on Nov. 4th/5th. I am arriving from NRT to ITM on the AA/JAL codeshare that arrives at approximately 8 PM on the 5th. I am staying at Radisson Miyako that I understand is built above one of the Subway/Train stations on the "loop" This will be my first time to Osaka and have read many of the posts but still have not found clear directions from ITM to my hotel. Should I take a taxi, airport bus or a rail/subway combination. I am an experienced traveller and have managed the subways in Buenos Aires, Barcelona and Paris. Thank you for you help.
Old Oct 19, 2004, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by PSTraveller
I am going from LAX to NRT to ITM on Nov. 4th/5th. I am arriving from NRT to ITM on the AA/JAL codeshare that arrives at approximately 8 PM on the 5th. I am staying at Radisson Miyako that I understand is built above one of the Subway/Train stations on the "loop" This will be my first time to Osaka and have read many of the posts but still have not found clear directions from ITM to my hotel. Should I take a taxi, airport bus or a rail/subway combination. I am an experienced traveller and have managed the subways in Buenos Aires, Barcelona and Paris. Thank you for you help.

I assume you're staying at the Miyako Hotel in Tennoji? If so, take the Limousine Bus to OCAT (Osaka City Air Terminal) in Namba. From there you can take the JR Line to Tennoji Stn.

http://www.ocat.co.jp/english/menu-e.html

Last edited by midtech; Oct 19, 2004 at 8:34 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.