Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

do you discuss FlyerTalk with your seatmates?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

do you discuss FlyerTalk with your seatmates?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2004, 9:54 pm

Programs: BA Blue forever!
Dreadful to say, but I feel that I've gotten more respect and action from a certain airline [if we're having a bit of a problem] if I mention that I go on Flyer Talk. Is this awful to do? I don't threaten, just mention it in passing. FT has also taught me lots of airline jargon, which makes one sound a bit more knowledgeable.
Old Jan 23, 2004, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
A while ago on a couple of transatlantic flights... outbound I sat next to a guy who had heard of FT (but doesn't post), and was doing a bunch of mileage runs to LGW. On the way back, I also had a nice conversation with the guy next to me, who turned out to be timid_trnchcoat, just a flight or two away from AA PLT. It seems these crazy sorts of people tend to turn up in row 31 on AA 777s.
Old Jan 24, 2004, 6:19 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Gaucho100K:
Hell no.... are you nuts!!!????

Please remember I always sit in F, therefore I would die before I was regarded as a chepo freebie bargain hunter that wastes his time on the internet... puuuhhlleeezzeeee....

Instead, I act as the Snot of a Snob that I am, and act as the full fare F revenue customer that Im going to be shortly. Of course, if someone happens to be cattle-class like and dares talk to me about FT I just pretend Ive never heard of it.

</font>

BTW, your post count is at: 12321 !!!

I have mentioned that there is a message board for travelling and air travel in particular as well a site to talk about cruises at www.cruisecritic.com!

That's all, never mentioned the URL or FT!
Old Jan 24, 2004, 7:58 am

Programs: AA GLD (On the way to PLT), SPG, HH GLD, GP
...talk...to...seatmates?

You're talking crazy talk now.
Old Jan 24, 2004, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I have on occasion mentioned FlyerTalk to an airline employee. I have met with airlines and mentioned it and shockingly enough, even the marketing people were only vaguely familiar with it

Old Jan 24, 2004, 11:47 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, AA Exec Plat, UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I found out about Flyertalk from a seatmate (behind me actually) on a trip to Mexico City. That was 3 1/2 years ago. Now I tell anyone who has even a remote interest in flying for miles. I have my luggage tag on as well and occassionally get noticed, like on the way back from a trip to Vegas, ORDGUY and I met as he noticed my tag.
Old Jan 24, 2004, 11:50 am

Location: BKK, formerly Irvine, CA, UA 1-k-MM, Hilton-gold, Gold Starwood
It was MJM who introduced me to Flyer Talk and ever since that time I have been so impressed with this site I make it a point to pass the word along to everyone I can.
Thanks Mike for getting me invovled.
Regards,
Robert
Old Jan 24, 2004, 1:41 pm

Location: PDX, AMS, MSN, ORD. Dedicated to finding a cure for Republicanism in our time. "Won't you please help"? "For the children's sake"?
Programs: ! "Ya can't tell da' playahs wit'out a program!" NW silver, DIRT everywhere else.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by UALOneKPlus:
I only discuss FlyerTalk if I feel like having a political conversation with my seatmate.

J/k

*ducking to avoid the flames*

</font>
There's some nice bait on this thread, but it looks like the flame fish aren't biting.
Old Jan 25, 2004, 8:13 am

It's been quite some time since I posted on FT. In my travels I also rarely meet people who have heard of FT including most airline FA's. I carry a card that has the website on it and pass it around when flyers are interested in travel topics.
Old Jan 25, 2004, 5:19 pm

Programs: UA MP
This may be a stupid question, however as I'm still green behind the ears,... FT tags? How do you get these?
Old Jan 25, 2004, 5:31 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
www.flyertalk.com/storefr.shtml
Old Jan 25, 2004, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA MP
Ta!

Feel slightly foolish I just looked over and found OzStamps thread on the matter.

Thanks.
Old Jan 25, 2004, 6:14 pm

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
Yes I have and also with FA's RCC staff. Some of them have heard and some are interested.
Old Jan 25, 2004, 7:57 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer
On 1/19 I sat next to a nice guy in F ORD-SFO who seemed to know way too much about UA. I finally asked him if he read flyertalk and it turns out it was koppelman

First time I've randomly met an FTer while flying.
Old Jan 25, 2004, 8:55 pm

I often look around the cabin and wonder, "Is there a FTer out there?" But because we value our privacy, I don't probe or press.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.