Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

What is the strangest thing you've expensed?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the strangest thing you've expensed?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2010, 5:00 pm

I once expensed 25 cents for air (rental car) when gas stations in CA first started charging for it in the 70's.

No questions asked!
Old Mar 20, 2010, 9:11 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, Hawaiian, Alaska
Originally Posted by NNX12
Very nice - how much?

Best I had was a "natural" (to mean, without clothing) dolphin swim. I did not personally partake, nor was I even present.
If I remember correctly it was north of $7,500 but less than $15,000. There were a few other bottles of wine drank that night as well.

I once submitted some expenses under "other, misc entertainment" for my bosses "lap dances" at a strip club in Cancun.

I ran the department that handled all of our company's sales conferences, so there was always something interesting. The saddest was having to pay to have a body shipped home.
Old May 16, 2010, 4:49 pm

92,479 Dinars to obtain refreshments for 124 passengers and crew after a flight diversion to Ghardaia, Algeria

64,905 CFA for an out-of-hours landing permit from the Ministry of Commerce, Republic of Togo
Old May 16, 2010, 8:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Watch out for government auditors.. they might come back at you investigating your post of a $2 write off expense.

I do business on every trip and make it a point to do so.. so that it can be a business expense as well with tax benefits.^
Old Jun 12, 2010, 7:58 pm

The most odd thing I have ever expensed was a few years ago while still working in the field:
£20 entry to club
£34.99 2 drinks
£85 private lapdance

Ah how I miss the days of conducting surveillance...
Old Jun 12, 2010, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Carnage
The most odd thing I have ever expensed was a few years ago while still working in the field:
£20 entry to club
£34.99 2 drinks
£85 private lapdance

Ah how I miss the days of conducting surveillance...
That's some pretty insane prices!

And a *private* lapdance while your conducting surveillance?
Old Jun 13, 2010, 11:01 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, 1MM; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by thegoderic
I had a similar issue when I'd lost a receipt and had to use my Amex statement as proof to get reimbursment from a restaurant in Houston TX, called "Strip House".
Along the lines of unfortunately named eating establishments, I was working in Chicago in a strange neighborhood, out late and hungry for late-night dinner. The only restaurant open was an positively plain (but tasty) Denny's-style coffee shop called "Nookies."

Thankfully my boss knows me (and my boyfriend) well, so there was no question that I wasn't the type of guy who would go around expensing Nookie for anything but legitimate reasons...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.