Reload this Page >

Sneaking into First Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sneaking into First Class

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2002, 2:04 pm

If you want to get a better seat at an Expos game, you could always ask the other person there to switch seats.

"The Expos win... The Expos win... And the fan is going wild!!!!!!!!"

------------------
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own."
Old Aug 12, 2002, 2:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

that goes for the Cubs, as well...
Old Aug 12, 2002, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Frequent Freak:
How are you so sure that a guy with this set of ethics was telling the truth here?

</font>
Not sure at all! That's why I made the comment that he might have been BSing.

Kathy

Old Aug 12, 2002, 2:34 pm

Different story there, anonplz. There are tons of people at Cubs games.

Now exactly WHY, is debatable. Of course, the same can be said of my beloved Fenway Park.

------------------
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own."
Old Aug 13, 2002, 10:38 am

Location: DC ... NW Plat Elite, Hilton HHonors-Diamond, Hyatt-Diamond, Avis PS+, happily a _former_ DL PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JWH:
The operative word here seems to be "businessman". Who could be surprised at this lack of ethical behavior in the current climate? Probably a republican, as well.</font>
Surely you are not implying that the likes of the Kennedy's are the most "upright and honest"??

There are corrupt politicians on both sides of the aisle ... and I'm sure the F 'sneaks' come in both flavors.
Old Aug 13, 2002, 10:54 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JWH:

The operative word here seems to be "businessman". Who could be surprised at this lack of ethical behavior in the current climate? Probably a republican, as well.</font>
[open window] Credibility [/close window]

[This message has been edited by Analise (edited 08-13-2002).]
Old Aug 13, 2002, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by theDeltaFlyer:
Surely you are not implying that the likes of the Kennedy's are the most "upright and honest"??

There are corrupt politicians on both sides of the aisle ... and I'm sure the F 'sneaks' come in both flavors.
</font>
Are you actually bothering to respond to such a worthless comment? Surely it couldn't have been serious.

d
Old Aug 13, 2002, 4:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Give JWH a break. IIRC, this is his first non-"Bush-ism" post.
Old Aug 13, 2002, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
I did something simular once. I was on a trans-con 763 3-class. I was confirmed in C class and was the last one on the plane. I originally had a window and there was already a pax in the aisle so took 5C (my favorite seat). I began to read and noticed I was being ignored for the first hour of the flight, I got up and went to galley and told them I had moved. The FA's just laughed, and wondered who I was. Turns out they counted a deadheading FA as a pax and thought I had sneaked in and were arguing whom was going to confront me. So I find it hard that some can do this from LAX-SYD without being caught.
Old Aug 13, 2002, 9:06 pm
RKG

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Analise:
[open window] Credibility [/close window]

[This message has been edited by Analise (edited 08-13-2002).]
</font>
Old Aug 13, 2002, 11:50 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cactuspete:
Give JWH a break. IIRC, this is his first non-"Bush-ism" post. </font>
True. I'm patiently awaiting his first travel-related post-- but I'm already in my 30's so I don't know if I'll be around when it happens.

And, very Analise!

[This message has been edited by JonNYC (edited 08-13-2002).]
Old Aug 14, 2002, 7:35 am

Old Aug 14, 2002, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
I've seen it tried, but always an alert FA caught the deception. More so now than ever. We suffered a delay coming out of Madrid when the FAs counted and recounted.

I call it a theft. Theft of service is still theft. Enron anyone?
Old Aug 15, 2002, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
IMHO, this is definitely a no blood no foul issue. if he can stay up there more power too him. If he gets booted, he is the one with a red face.. other than that.. who really cares..

Is it theft, technically my guess is yes.. but I can bet that each of us in here has technically stolen something willfully and knowingly at some point (have you ever made a personal phone call from work on work time, the baseball game is a great example... I am so guilty a thousand times over on that one.. I'm always sneaking down to the lower boxes).. for most people it is of immaterial consequence and no one cares or would ever want to prosecute..

As long as he obeyed crews instructions.. its not a big deal. As for the comment about if he would steal a F seat what else might he do in this post 911 era.. come on.. now really... If he was a terroist he would buy a seat not try to steal one.. I wish I knew how to put those little icons up with the eyes rolling
Old Aug 15, 2002, 2:51 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'
Original Poster

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
what he said. Oh and to do the rolleyes thing just type the word rolleyes with a colon at the beginning and at the end like so:

[This message has been edited by g_leyser (edited 08-15-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.