Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel choice in San Francisco

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 1999, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Hotel choice in San Francisco

My wife and I are planning a trip to SFO during November for our anniversary. It's our first trip to this city so I am interested in hotel suggestions. We are considering the San Francisco Hilton & Towers but would like to have some personal recommendations. We also need a hotel near the SFO airport for the night before our ride back to FL. Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Old Jul 30, 1999, 8:40 am
In Memoriam

Programs: UA1K MM, HHonors Diamond + many more
As for the hotel near the airport, the Marriot is always a nice one plus they have a regular shuttle to the terminals. Congrats on how many years ?

Cheers Scott
Old Jul 30, 1999, 9:24 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Scott's choice is great and I have stayed there after earthquake damage to the Hyatt SFO, Burlingame, just down the road which is ususally my first choice.

Can't personally recommend the Hilton here though, and I'm suspecting you'll get lukewarm reviews at best. The place is huge and not in the best location. You'd be best off in the Towers with a good view if you stay but can do much better elsewhere, IMHO.

I'd be tempted to go with the Monaco Hotel. It's rather small and intimate, well located not far from Union Square, relatively new ('95?), run by Kimpton, and a remake of the beaux arts buiuding that was once the old Hotel Bellevue. It's got an excellent gym, food and service. Only downside is the rooms are a little small.
Old Jul 30, 1999, 11:12 am

The Monaco is, indeed, an excellent choice -- they have a great feature where (for no extra charge) they'll bring you your own goldfish to the room. Also good -- The Clift (which is just across the street from the Monaco) which has one of the world's finest lounge/bar's, "The Redwood Room" constructed entirely from a fallen redwood tree back in the 30's.

My fiance stayed at both of these hotels last December, and we got amazing rates ($129) from a website that's specific to SF hotels...http://www.hotelres.com/sfr/...

Also, I've heard amazing things about the Huntington Hotel -- great views, apparently.

Good luck and have fun...
Of course, check other sites for good rates as well (www.hotelwiz.com is one of my fave's)

Old Jul 30, 1999, 11:35 am

Yoimceo!

You are coming to my city! Congratulations on the anniversary - my wife and I are nearing our 2nd anniversary! My recommendation is the Park Hyatt (corner of Clay and Battery), because you can walk from there to several hot spots, as well as the hotel being beautiful, an amazing breakfast, and is across the street from very tasty Yank Sing...if you like Dim Sum! Please email me if I can help with anything while you are here,

------------------

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.