Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Ever Received a Memorable Souvenir from a Hotel?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ever Received a Memorable Souvenir from a Hotel?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2024, 4:52 am

Not given, purchased, but I still have a robe that I bought from the Gansevoort in NYC over 20 years ago. They gave it to me to wear before a massage and I loved it so much that I asked if they had them for sale. They did. 20 years later, still loving it.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Not from a hotel specifically, but Starwood (likely because of someone who used to lurk for the company ) sent me a StR Bathrobe with my FT name embroidered when I became LTP.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by yucombinator
So recently I found out that Conrads have these little plush bears and ducks that are custom to each hotel, and some people have some quite extensive collections of these plushies

Wondering if any other hotels do the same with little souvenirs you can bring back? I'm thinking something other than hotel key cards (that some people like to pilfer) or little snacks that are offered as welcome gifts.
I have received a keychain, wallet (not leather), and backpack from Excellence properties.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 6:54 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Delta Gold
The Four Seasons Boston gave me a bathrobe with my initials on it. Said they would keep it for me for future visits or I could take home.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 9:07 am

Programs: BAEC gold, Marriott gold, Hilton gold
Bathrobe mailed to be by a non chain hotel near Pisa in return for leaving a review (mine was on Flyertalk)
Cap from a non chain up market hotel in Jakarta
Shawl from InterContinental Hotel in Singapore
I won a hamper in some sort of prize draw after a Courtyard by Marriott in Illinois was renovated. Prize draw was for everyone there who were generally notables from local community. As a guest, who was unusually there at 2pm that day, I just hung around reception to listen to the speeches and as a guest I guess they couldn't expel me. Then when we were given raffle tickets I took one and my number came up. Getting that hamper back to London meant I had the run the gauntlet of airport security who all mischievously (and with a grin) claimed the hamper has to stay.
adpucci likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 9:18 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond,Bonvoy Platinum,Shangri-La Golden Circle Jade,LH SEN,AZ Gold,VS Elevate Gold
a lovely bath robe with my first name embroidered on the sleeve - sent to my home address after a visit - from the beautiful Westin in Munich, Germany.

still haven't worked out WHY they sent me it, but it's really nice and I was surprised and delighted when it arrived.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 11:17 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
I got a rock.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, Bonvoy Titanium Elite Lifer, Hertz Prez
I have a piece of the Berlin Wall I think from the Berlin Westin back when it was SPG and they did the platinum welcome gifts.
obscure2k likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
About ten years ago my late wife and I stayed at the Four Seasons in Meriden, Connecticut (northeast U.S. for our international readers). I filled out the feedback form, saying in part that if the breakfast menu says "pancakes with maple syrup," they ought to come with maple syrup - from maple trees, not something from a chemical factory with 2% artificial maple flavor or something. Got a note back from the sales manager explaining that maple syrup is expensive and they don't want to raise their prices to cover it. I replied that I know that, that I have no problem with a business decision not to serve maple syrup, but if they're not going to serve it the menu shouldn't say they do. It should say "pancake syrup," "maple-flavored syrup," whatever, but not "maple syrup." That's a specific kind of syrup, and they didn't have it. She ended up by promising me that, if we returned, they'd have it.

Fast forward a couple of years. We were going to return to the area and made a reservation in the same place. I emailed the sales manager. She had become the general manager by then. She replied by sending me a photo of a can of REAL MAPLE SYRUP on the kitchen shelf. When we checked in there was a small jar of Connecticut maple syrup waiting for us as a gift. (That's why this story is in this thread.) The next morning, I asked for real maple syrup (which the menu still said) for my pancakes. Our server said they didn't have any. I took out my phone and said "Yes, you do. Here's an email from your general manager [name], sent last week, with a photo of the can of maple syrup on your kitchen shelf. Please go to that shelf and get it." She was a bit surprised, but she did exactly that.

Unfortunately, I haven't been back since. I hope they managed to use the rest of the can of syrup.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 4:27 pm

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
I recently came across the kit that came with the Renaissance ATL airport runway view rooms - a drawstring bag with binoculars, a booklet, and Delta Museum tickets.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 12:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by EricH
The Sheraton in Krakow gives you a Krakow Dragon bath toy.
This is apparently a Sheraton "thing" as explained to me by the front desk clerk at the Sheraton Stockholm. We have a rubber duck from there now.

Aside from that, I have about 4000 hotel branded pens scattered about and one random Renaissance towel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.