Wiki Posts
Search

Av geek flights / flying for fun

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2020, 9:15 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
I've tried to like it but it's just not the same. I wear a mask but it's not a "so what," it's an annoyance. So is the hit or miss F&B service. So is the lackluster AC offering.

I'm still going to fly, because flight is magical. But the experience is pretty sad these days.
This is more AA related. But now the offset is that upgrades are easier and the ACs are less crowded albeit the non hub locations remain closed. But the food options are getting better and more locations are rumored to be opening this month. Most FAs are proactively doing a beverage service now and I've had some FAs apologize for the change of a hot meal to a snack option. The chicken sandwich I had last week was actually really good. Other than the warm nuts I'd take it over the warmed up fast food meals that were previously served.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 10:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by MiamiAirport Formerly NY George
This is more AA related. But now the offset is that upgrades are easier and the ACs are less crowded albeit the non hub locations remain closed. But the food options are getting better and more locations are rumored to be opening this month. Most FAs are proactively doing a beverage service now and I've had some FAs apologize for the change of a hot meal to a snack option. The chicken sandwich I had last week was actually really good. Other than the warm nuts I'd take it over the warmed up fast food meals that were previously served.
Yeah, it's interesting, I was just telling someone how much my attitude has changed in the past 6 weeks (since I posted the text you quoted). Of course, since then I have flown a ton... AC (YYZ-AUA), KL (AUA-AMS), TK (AMS-IST-IAD), UA (DCA-EWR), AC (EWR-YUL), QR (YUL-DOH-MLE-DOH-YUL), and AA (DCA-DFW-ABQ-DFW-DCA and DCA-DFW-DCA).

After some utterly disappointing flights (snack box on an 11-hour J flight on TK, anyone?) and some amazing flights (QR is essentially at full pre-covid service, and we had QSuites on all 4 legs)... AA's doing just fine. The sandwich & proactive refills have been a help, and on my recent trips to ABQ and DFW, even though furlough was impending, service was really excellent.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
After some utterly disappointing flights (snack box on an 11-hour J flight on TK, anyone?) and some amazing flights (QR is essentially at full pre-covid service, and we had QSuites on all 4 legs)... AA's doing just fine. The sandwich & proactive refills have been a help, and on my recent trips to ABQ and DFW, even though furlough was impending, service was really excellent.
BA and TK definitely get a hard pass from me right now. Wouldn't spend a dime on the products they're currently offering.

Agree QR is probably doing the best of anyone at the moment. LH and EK are also doing a pretty good job.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.