FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Av geek flights / flying for fun
View Single Post
Old Oct 1, 2020, 10:21 am
platbrownguy

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by MiamiAirport Formerly NY George
This is more AA related. But now the offset is that upgrades are easier and the ACs are less crowded albeit the non hub locations remain closed. But the food options are getting better and more locations are rumored to be opening this month. Most FAs are proactively doing a beverage service now and I've had some FAs apologize for the change of a hot meal to a snack option. The chicken sandwich I had last week was actually really good. Other than the warm nuts I'd take it over the warmed up fast food meals that were previously served.
Yeah, it's interesting, I was just telling someone how much my attitude has changed in the past 6 weeks (since I posted the text you quoted). Of course, since then I have flown a ton... AC (YYZ-AUA), KL (AUA-AMS), TK (AMS-IST-IAD), UA (DCA-EWR), AC (EWR-YUL), QR (YUL-DOH-MLE-DOH-YUL), and AA (DCA-DFW-ABQ-DFW-DCA and DCA-DFW-DCA).

After some utterly disappointing flights (snack box on an 11-hour J flight on TK, anyone?) and some amazing flights (QR is essentially at full pre-covid service, and we had QSuites on all 4 legs)... AA's doing just fine. The sandwich & proactive refills have been a help, and on my recent trips to ABQ and DFW, even though furlough was impending, service was really excellent.