Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

How long until we start seeing some good ex-Asia J deals?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2020, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum

Or have the capacity cuts meant there really isn't the need for airlines to offer these?
Old Feb 23, 2020, 8:59 pm

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Yes I wonder the same for a few years. Seems these fares are more scare than the other way around. Although sometimes of course there's exceptions, but you have to scour google flights and forums like Flyertalk.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 10:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HYATT GB, UA GOLD, MARRIOTT GOLD, HILTON GOLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by Isochronous
Or have the capacity cuts meant there really isn't the need for airlines to offer these?
Premium cabin prices have yet to come down but the availability for award seats is fantastic right now. First class seats on JAL, ANA, SIA, CX are available from Asia to the US.
SightseeMC likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 12:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / TK e+
there's the odd ex-CGK / MNL sale that comes up every now and then but pretty dry apart from that
Old Feb 24, 2020, 3:27 am

I just checked prices out of ICN and SGN. I found many prices in the 2000 US$ range for a RT to Europe, some even less than that.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 3:55 am

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
I just checked prices out of ICN and SGN. I found many prices in the 2000 US$ range for a RT to Europe, some even less than that.
I've been checking ICN to Europe for a year. Right now there's a very minor drop to just below $2K for many routes, but no huge deals. Unless you consider Air Astana sales a good deal.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 6:38 am

Programs: UA-1Kmm, AA-EX Plt mm-, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by Isochronous
Airlines have gotten much better at figuring out that discounting hurts them more than it helps. In situations like the present-day dropping, the prices does not attract enough new passengers and they end up collecting far less revenue from the passengers who will travel no matter what at full price.
_fx likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 3:16 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Out of TPE (where you can position from other Asian airports easily), PR routinely has good J fares to North America.

Best deal is TPE-YYZ for around $1600 (not much more to other US cities and YVR), save it in Kayak and each time the sale is usually up for a week.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by vincewy
Out of TPE (where you can position from other Asian airports easily), PR routinely has good J fares to North America.

Best deal is TPE-YYZ for around $1600 (not much more to other US cities and YVR), save it in Kayak and each time the sale is usually up for a week.
Did you mean BR? I would not fly PR out of YYZ.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 8:11 pm

Programs: OW-E; AA-EP
MNL-BCN-MNL via QR business Class, $1,453. Pair it up with Premium Cabin's post makes it a good mileage run.

Originally Posted by premium.cabin
Great premium economy fares from Barcelona to Oceania:
  • Fare Class: T
  • Last Ticketing Period: March 31, 2020
  • Last Travel Period: December 23, 2020
  • Minimum Stay: 7 days
  • Maximum Stay: 12 months
  • Permitted Stopovers: unlimited (2 for free)
  • Changes: €180 fee
  • Cancellation: Non Refundable

The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page.

Source: PREMIUM ECONOMY DEAL: BRITISH AIRWAYS & CATHAY PACIFIC BARCELONA TO AUSTRALIA/NEW-ZEALAND FROM $1,128 - PREMIUM CABIN
​​​​​​​
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 8:54 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by tentseller
PR: TPE-YYZ RT J $1609 USD ai

Why not PR? Out of YYZ, JFK, and LHR PR's hard product is by far the best and for solo travelers you have tons of space with window seats in A0.

https://onemileatatime.com/philippin...-class-review/

The only challenge is transiting through MNL which involves inter-terminal transfers (YVR and YYZ fly out of T1). In my case I simply stay in MNL overnight to minimize stress and agony.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by vincewy

Why not PR? Out of YYZ, JFK, and LHR PR's hard product is by far the best and for solo travelers you have tons of space with window seats in A0.

The only challenge is transiting through MNL which involves inter-terminal transfers (YVR and YYZ fly out of T1). In my case I simply stay in MNL overnight to minimize stress and agony.
The hard product is hard product, the same seats are in other airlines.
However, you are dealing with a Pinoy soft product and an MNL transit T1 to T2. Even with my Asian APEC card I just don't think the saving is enough for the price of my extra work, hassles and frustrations. YMMV.
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 7:52 pm

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Lightbulb QR exMNL low fares to EUROPE

Originally Posted by vincewy;32113609

The only challenge is transiting through MNL which involves inter-terminal transfers (YVR and YYZ fly out of T1).
In my case I simply stay in MNL overnight to minimize stress and agony.
This could be the reason why -

https://onemileatatime.com/connectin...pine-airlines/

Plus PR doesn't belong to any airline alliance, so even at that price, it's a no go ..

The hard product is hard product, the same seats are in other airlines.
However, you are dealing with a Pinoy soft product and an MNL transit T1 to T2.
Even with my Asian APEC card I just don't think the saving is enough for the price of my extra work, hassles and frustrations. YMMV.
+1
But what exactly is the "Pinoy soft product"?

So I asked the airport staff at the arrivals hall about checked baggage on connecting flights between terminals (T1 - T3) but in the same alliance (OW - MH to QR) when I was there 2 weeks ago
I was told everyone has to claim their checked bags, go thru' Immigration & Customs & transfer manually between terminals
Not exactly very passenger friendly ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.