Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BA/CX: BCN-LHR-HKG-AKL PE r/t $1177USD select dates in May

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2020, 4:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM
CX/BA: BCN-SYD/MEL/AKL in PE from $1,128 - Earn 38,746 Miles

Great premium economy fares from Barcelona to Oceania:
  • Fare Class: T
  • Last Ticketing Period: March 31, 2020
  • Last Travel Period: December 23, 2020
  • Minimum Stay: 7 days
  • Maximum Stay: 12 months
  • Permitted Stopovers: unlimited (2 for free)
  • Changes: €180 fee
  • Cancellation: Non Refundable

The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page.

Source: PREMIUM ECONOMY DEAL: BRITISH AIRWAYS & CATHAY PACIFIC BARCELONA TO AUSTRALIA/NEW-ZEALAND FROM $1,128 - PREMIUM CABIN
mastutio, sciflygrrl, Duhh and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 3:51 pm

BA/CX: BCN-LHR-HKG-AKL PE r/t $1177USD select dates in May. You can turn quickly or stay in NZ for a bit. Google flights can find it using BCN-AKL in PE. Particularly interesting for EQM/EQD on AA. Looks like it would be in the range of 36k/$4800 if I'm reading the table the right way. I don't often see 4x multipliers on EQD or under 0.3cpEQM in PE very often.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 9:03 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Hotels, Marriott
Exceptional fare. All except bcn to lhr segments should credit at 1.5x miles and 20% miles flown as dollars to AA
Old Feb 28, 2020, 2:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Gold, HH Gold
Great find! I found May 15th to 17th (2hrs in AKL) for €1055/£905/$1165 on BA.com. BCN-LHR-HKG-AKL. Roughly 38,000 miles and 380tp as a BA gold. Thanks!
Old Feb 28, 2020, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by Weeelegs
Great find! I found May 15th to 17th (2hrs in AKL) for €1055/£905/$1165 on BA.com. BCN-LHR-HKG-AKL. Roughly 38,000 miles and 380tp as a BA gold. Thanks!
That doesn't come out as an exceptional tp run given the time spent and class to sit in. YMMV

btw what's the current travel policy to NZ like when transitting thru HKG? Might get even worse the next couple of weeks/months?

Last edited by alp67; Feb 29, 2020 at 1:44 am
Old Feb 28, 2020, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, & EP 2024-25; Southwest A-List
Upgrade

Originally Posted by alp67
That doesn't come out as an exceptional tp run given the time spent and class to sit in. YMMV
For the May 15 / 17 run from previous poster, there is room to upgrade to Club World using Avios on the LHR-HKG segments, so not too bad if sitting in J.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 12:49 am

Doesn't change the value (tp wise) of this fare at all. UuA will get you original tp only, whereas POUG or AUP result in J tp.
OP could get a similar amount of tp for less money and time spent.
Don't get me wrong, the fare is not bad if you want/need to go to NZ anyway. For spending 2 hours in AKL on a tp-run.... not so much.
That's what I was referring to.
Originally Posted by onlyquestions
For the May 15 / 17 run from previous poster, there is room to upgrade to Club World using Avios on the LHR-HKG segments, so not too bad if sitting in J.
20Rothmans likes this.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 12:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by alp67
Doesn't change the value (tp wise) of this fare at all. UuA will get you original tp only, whereas POUG or AUP result in J tp.
OP could get a similar amount of tp for less money and time spent.
Don't get me wrong, the fare is not bad if you want/need to go to NZ anyway. For spending 2 hours in AKL on a tp-run.... not so much.
That's what I was referring to.
Jeez, at no point did I ever mention the phrase ‘tp run.’ I was merely quoting what it would have earned for me. I haven’t been BA Gold for 20yrs by doing 380tp runs!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.