Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Is Premium Economy an awkward middle ground?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is Premium Economy an awkward middle ground?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by emma69
A thought on this - if you can get the last row of PE and the wife and kids can get the first row of economy, firstly, should be some extra leg room for them, but secondly, any moving around would be very minimal.
I tried to do this, but there weren't 3 available seats together. They're just sitting like 7-8 rows back, so not too bad.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:28 pm

Now if you can sell tickets in the kids free section of the airplane....that's true luxury
Old Mar 25, 2019, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
I'm sure it's probably been mentioned already, but the overriding concern with PE and the reason it is what it is is because airlines don't want it to cannibalize any of their business class revenue. A lot of the J revenue hinges on company policies about paying for business class and where the norms are there, and if those companies start thinking PE is a good enough substitute for employees then you'll see the airlines changing things quickly (just like they did in eliminating First Class in most cases).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.