Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I met someone fraudulently flying non-rev

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

I met someone fraudulently flying non-rev

I met someone who flies all over the country on Frontier and Alaska and Allegiant and Sun Country and a few others as a non rev. She got hired as a flight attendant for American Airlines and did not complete the training. However, she kept her employee number and uses it for interline nonrev flights. She is an "adult entertainment dancer" and she flies all over the country to work, several times a week. She even flew from PHL to LGA via MSP just because she had all day and didn't want to pay for the train. She told me that she can't fly on American and a few other major airlines.
I think what she is doing constitutes fraud. Or is it not fraud because she is a former employee?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Of course it's fraud......and it's also fraud in that she's violating the nonrev rules by flying nonrev for business purposes. Nonrev travel (whether as an employee, retiree, buddy pass rider, etc.) is intended solely for leisure travel.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 4:23 pm

Hmm.. I'm not sure how she gets away with this. But I confess I never interlined back when I had non-rev privileges, it's hard enough getting an empty seat on your own airline.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
the fact that she has to fly Frontier and Alaska and Allegiant and Sun Country should be punishment enough for her fraud.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by cynicAAl
the fact that she has to fly Frontier and Alaska and Allegiant and Sun Country should be punishment enough for her fraud.
Alaska is a good airline, though. Sadly they don’t really serve YVR anymore except to SEA and PDX.

That being said, what this person is doing sounds like fraud to me
Old Sep 8, 2018, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA/DL/UA
Turn her in! She is a waste of space on an airplane, using up fuel that the rest of us have to pay for!
Old Sep 8, 2018, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by cynicAAl
Alaska is a good airline, though. Sadly they don’t really serve YVR anymore except to SEA and PDX.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 4:47 am

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
Originally Posted by nd2010
I met someone who flies all over the country on Frontier and Alaska and Allegiant and Sun Country and a few others as a non rev. She got hired as a flight attendant for American Airlines and did not complete the training. However, she kept her employee number and uses it for interline nonrev flights. [...] She told me that she can't fly on American and a few other major airlines.
It doesn't work that way.
B747-437B, mmff, TWA884 and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 5:03 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
How did you meet this ‘adult entertainment dancer’?
emrdoc and smc333 like this.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: Up there, Route 36 LaPaz Diamond
Did she go by the name of "Stormy"?
hi55us likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 6:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It's BS. If it were true, she would not it is a crime and she would not be likely to disclose it to some random stranger.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 11:35 pm
Original Poster

It is true as I saw her book a nonrev Frontier flight on ID90. And she's in a different city every week
Old Sep 11, 2018, 8:30 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by nd2010
It is true as I saw her book a nonrev Frontier flight on ID90. And she's in a different city every week
I think you were lied to, as people make stuff up all the time, for no reason. One only needs to look at Facebook and the absurd posts.

A stripper once told me she is a CPA for her day job, gave a pretty convincing story even. Then I quizzed her on some specific tax laws and she realized I was calling her bluff. Another time, at a hotel bar, a very attractive woman claimed she worked for a company in the cancer industry, linking patients with doctors around the world. Once again, her story was pretty good and I listened for a while. Then I asked some very specific questions (my family runs a non profit cancer foundation) and she stumbled. Bartender knows me (even knows my wife and kids), and joked with me later on about my interaction. Her comments made me laugh, as the suspect in question is apparently a call girl known by the hotel.

Point being, people create background stories for whatever reason, even with incredible detail, but that doesn't mean they are telling the truth.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 8:41 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Locking this up
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.