Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Just wondering. Why have the only flights of the day, be one hour apart.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just wondering. Why have the only flights of the day, be one hour apart.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2018, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Question Just wondering. Why have the only flights of the day, be one hour apart.

Sorry just wondering, I am thinking of booking a flight with LCC Vietjet from DAD to ICN and came upon something I had not seen and have no explanation for? Hoping someone could shed some light.

Is this route so popular they need to add two flights an hour apart? Seems like wasted fuel to me? Why not have one at 13:00 and 23:45 for example. Sorry if my inquisitive nature rubs off as stupidity.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
My initial guess is that they like to use their jets overnight for longer, international flights. The planes immediately turnaround in ICN, then it probably has a full day of short-haul flights back in Vietnam.
jinkssick likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I know nothing about this route or airline, but I would consider paying 12 times the Y fare as long as everyone actually refers to me as "Skyboss" throughout the entire airport and flight experience.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
They are only paying for ground support / gate space at ICN for a limited portion of the day. Just my hunch.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Better fleet utilisation - short routes during the daytime and longer routes at night
Old Sep 5, 2018, 3:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

In addition to the fleet utilization comments above it also likely has to do with when during the day there is demand for the longer flight. The redeye from SE Asia to ICN is a very common flight timing.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nothing, nowhere!
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
They are only paying for ground support / gate space at ICN for a limited portion of the day. Just my hunch.
That would be my guess too.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 3:18 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles, AF/KL Flying Blue
Originally Posted by pinniped
I know nothing about this route or airline, but I would consider paying 12 times the Y fare as long as everyone actually refers to me as "Skyboss" throughout the entire airport and flight experience.
"Could I have another whiskey please?"
"You got it, Skyboss."
Old Sep 11, 2018, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by eastindywalrus
"Could I have another whiskey please?"
"You got it, Skyboss."
That should be Vietjet's next advertising campaign!
pudgym29 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.