FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I met someone fraudulently flying non-rev
Old Sep 11, 2018, 8:30 am
COSPILOT

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by nd2010
It is true as I saw her book a nonrev Frontier flight on ID90. And she's in a different city every week
I think you were lied to, as people make stuff up all the time, for no reason. One only needs to look at Facebook and the absurd posts.

A stripper once told me she is a CPA for her day job, gave a pretty convincing story even. Then I quizzed her on some specific tax laws and she realized I was calling her bluff. Another time, at a hotel bar, a very attractive woman claimed she worked for a company in the cancer industry, linking patients with doctors around the world. Once again, her story was pretty good and I listened for a while. Then I asked some very specific questions (my family runs a non profit cancer foundation) and she stumbled. Bartender knows me (even knows my wife and kids), and joked with me later on about my interaction. Her comments made me laugh, as the suspect in question is apparently a call girl known by the hotel.

Point being, people create background stories for whatever reason, even with incredible detail, but that doesn't mean they are telling the truth.