Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Explain the origin of "kettle" for me

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2017, 9:43 am

Programs: Southwest, Best Western Gold, La Quinta, Dollar
Originally Posted by Michael El
...she asked the clerk if they should go back to the ticket counter to check.
Betcha they would have gone back and asked. My mom would have, but she's 82 and very much a Kettle.

I sat in front of a lady one time who had brought along some sort of hotplate or a little crock pot or something, and she was rather put off when the FA wouldn't let her plug it in. "How are we supposed to re-heat our lasagna?" was all I heard for the next two hours, over and over.
jinglish likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 12:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
I know, right? Especially when the security line is being held up, eh.
How much time is saved? Two or three minutes? The Kettle doesn't know any better. The impatient person behind them who takes it upon themselves to butt into their conversation is acting like a jerk.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:11 am

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
Cool

Originally Posted by Badenoch
How much time is saved? Two or three minutes? The Kettle doesn't know any better. The impatient person behind them who takes it upon themselves to butt into their conversation is acting like a jerk.
You're right, eh. I should have let them go to the ticket counter to stand in line just to confirm with the TA that they were indeed sitting next to each other and then spend more time in the security line and potentially miss their flight. That would have been a jerk move.
rbwpi and jinglish like this.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 5:14 am
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
You're right, eh. I should have let them go to the ticket counter to stand in line just to confirm with the TA that they were indeed sitting next to each other and then spend more time in the security line and potentially miss their flight. That would have been a jerk move.
You did not butt into their affairs through some desire to be helpful but because you were "impatient" and they were holding you up in the security line. Then you posted here to smirk about the two "kettles."

Last edited by Badenoch; Dec 19, 2017 at 5:36 am
Old Dec 29, 2017, 12:05 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
As unsophisticated as Ma and Pa Kettle were, on YouTube they "prove" convincingly that 5 x 14 = 25 (parallels Costello's [of Abbott and Costello] "proof" that 7 x 13 = 28--Ma and Pa Kettle seem more convincing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.