Wiki Posts
Search

Deliver packages to the lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2017, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Explat, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Deliver packages to the lounge?

Long story short, I damaged my phone beyond usability in rural Central America. I am currently in a location where I can't access any parts, so I need to have a screen replacement shipped. I need it as soon as possible, and Amazon won't be able to ship one here before I return to the US this weekend. On my return, I have a 4 hour layover at DFW. Once I reach my final destination, I will have no time to install the replacement parts, fixing it during my layover would be the best way to go if I can somehow get the part when I arrive in DFW. It would be great if Amazon could address the shipment to the airport, with an included message that I will be visiting that day to pick it up. Right now my ideas are:

1) Ship the part to the Admirals Club - This would be easiest since I will almost certainly be going to the AC/FD anyway. I would just note in the shipment comments that I will be stopping by to pick it up. The package would be delivered (probably to the D concourse) on the same day that I would pick it up.

2) Ship the part to the Grand Hyatt - I have shipped things to hotels before, but will Hyatt accept it if I don't have a reservation? Maybe I make a reservation in order to pick up the package?

Would either of these options work? Is this even possible with airport security protocols? Thanks in advance!!
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:28 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
I can't speak with authority for every airport, but generally airside lounges don't get direct mail/courier deliveries. You can only have something shipped there if you address it somewhere landside then an airline employee (or fellow traveller) drops it at the lounge. So that probably won't work. You could definitely have something delivered at the Hyatt but they might charge you to hold it if you aren't a customer. Probably best to phone them up.

Personally, I'd look for a landside luggage storage place and phone them and ask them to accept the delivery for you, since holding items is basically their business.

Finally, there is a US Post Office on the airport grounds at DFW (but not in the terminal), you could always use that as a last resort.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Many lounges won't even mind your luggage for you because of security concerns. I find it hard to imagine they'd take delivery of a package when there is doubt as to what is in the parcel? Just my random thought.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 12:54 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott LTT + Ambassador
schedule a service like iCracked or whatever it is that services where you are landing, leave the secured area and just pay them to replace your screen on the fly. works great.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 2:19 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
There is no chance of an airside lounge accepting a package for you. The Hyatt, maybe, but they may charge you for it.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 2:51 am

What location? Nearly any city in the world will have an iphone screen repair service. Ask the hotel to find you one.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 9:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by erik123
What location? Nearly any city in the world will have an iphone screen repair service.
...Or just a cheap phone you could activate in-country if it's that big of an emergency.

I managed to destroy a smartphone in Europe a couple years ago. I managed to survive the unthinkable: life without a smartphone at all for about a week, using a dumbphone + local SIM for minimal necessary communications. Anybody who absolutely had to call me just Skyped to the European phone number.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 9:40 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by CabinChief
1) Ship the part to the Admirals Club
Very unlikely.

Originally Posted by CabinChief
2) Ship the part to the Grand Hyatt - I have shipped things to hotels before, but will Hyatt accept it if I don't have a reservation
Unlikely.

---
Help yourself to a cheap replacement phone or look for a replacement in South America. They need smartphone repairs too and certainly don't fly to the Admirals Club in DFW to get replacement parts...
Old Mar 31, 2017, 10:19 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I just reread your OP. If you don't have a reservation at the Hyatt then no chance they will accept a package for you.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 11:10 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Maybe become good friends with some AAngels and ship it to their home and have them bring it to you?

At one point, one of the club AAngels happened to be my neighbor, and a few times she offered to let me carpool with her to the airport, but we could never get our schedules to match. 😜
Old Apr 1, 2017, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

GH outsources Business Center / Events to Encore? does that make a difference?
GH also has dayrates (negotiable)

if flying any segment in J/F, could talk to AA Five Star (may cost more than GH)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.