FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deliver packages to the lounge?
View Single Post
Old Mar 30, 2017, 9:58 pm
CabinChief

Programs: AA Explat, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Deliver packages to the lounge?

Long story short, I damaged my phone beyond usability in rural Central America. I am currently in a location where I can't access any parts, so I need to have a screen replacement shipped. I need it as soon as possible, and Amazon won't be able to ship one here before I return to the US this weekend. On my return, I have a 4 hour layover at DFW. Once I reach my final destination, I will have no time to install the replacement parts, fixing it during my layover would be the best way to go if I can somehow get the part when I arrive in DFW. It would be great if Amazon could address the shipment to the airport, with an included message that I will be visiting that day to pick it up. Right now my ideas are:

1) Ship the part to the Admirals Club - This would be easiest since I will almost certainly be going to the AC/FD anyway. I would just note in the shipment comments that I will be stopping by to pick it up. The package would be delivered (probably to the D concourse) on the same day that I would pick it up.

2) Ship the part to the Grand Hyatt - I have shipped things to hotels before, but will Hyatt accept it if I don't have a reservation? Maybe I make a reservation in order to pick up the package?

Would either of these options work? Is this even possible with airport security protocols? Thanks in advance!!