Reload this Page >

Do you "dress up" to fly premium cabin?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:34 am

If it is long haul, I wear a tracksuit for two reasons. 1- I will probably spill food or drink on myself, and want to save my nice clothes 2- wearing pants on long haul tends to "bag out" the knees, again I want to save my good clothes for the destination.

Domestic- I try to dress smart.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

no tom ford suits in F?

some of us only wear business-ish casual, nothing to do with travel
Old Feb 9, 2016, 10:05 am

there is no such thing as "premium" cabin. it's not like going to a fancy restaurant.

I have seen men and women in int'l first class who act like they were going to backyard BBQ/swim parties.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 1:13 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Wink

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
no tom ford suits in F?

some of us only wear business-ish casual, nothing to do with travel
I don't always have a (TF) jacket with me, but when I do, I put it on over my crappy t shirts on US domestic flights because the wire/plastic hangers ruin the structural integrity of the shoulders. I don't care if it's a 45 minute flight. If it's international long haul and they got those quality hangers, I ask the FA if I can hang the jacket up myself.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 2:15 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....

Track suits ? I would never wear that on a flight (or outside the house at all).
I have certain minimum standards but they have nothing to do with flying ( Eco/ Biz / First the same).
Ok I am a snob but since when is it acceptable to wear PJ pants outdoors/shopping/....?
Old Feb 9, 2016, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
I don't care what others wear, but I am usually travelling for work, in which case I wear something I could get away with wearing to work when I land, just in case my checked luggage is delayed. Even for personal travel, I will usually wear a travel blazer so I have lots of pockets for phone, papers, mifi, trail mix, charger, etc.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 10:35 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
When I fly, I wear jeans and a solid color shirt with front pocket (for cards, etc). In economy and premium cabins.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by TOMFORD
Business (and similar) travel aside, do you dress up to fly premium cabin? Granted, "dress up" means different things to different people, so "dress up" here just means more dressed up than what you normally wear. If so, why?
If you mean do I wear pants? Usually. That's about as dressy as I'm going to get. Loose fitting pants or sweat pants. T-shirt or loose polo.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 12:42 pm

A hefty gold chain makes track suit respectable attire. Precious metal prices are down, get your gold chains gentlemen.
Gino Troian likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 2:48 pm

Programs: Enough
I'm flying EK F this Friday. Like every time I fly, no matter what COS, I wear the same thing: Roots sweatpants, fluffy socks, t-shirt, and a university hoodie. Once on board, I'm in PJs within minutes.

I'm always the classiest guy at the EK bar
Old Feb 10, 2016, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Nope. But I do have to watch the shoes I wear in the Qantas lounges now that they've gone super strict about sandals! Grrr.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by durberville
I'm flying EK F this Friday. Like every time I fly, no matter what COS, I wear the same thing: Roots sweatpants, fluffy socks, t-shirt, and a university hoodie. Once on board, I'm in PJs within minutes.

I'm always the classiest guy at the EK bar
Very classy. You just need a travel companion in a juicy couture trackie!
Old Feb 10, 2016, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA, HA
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
Nope. But I do have to watch the shoes I wear in the Qantas lounges now that they've gone super strict about sandals! Grrr.
Grrr, indeed. In ~tropical parts/warm ports, sandals can be a normal part of a fancy outfit; they certainly come in chic varieties. -1 Qantas.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 5:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TOMFORD
Business (and similar) travel aside, do you dress up to fly premium cabin? Granted, "dress up" means different things to different people, so "dress up" here just means more dressed up than what you normally wear. If so, why?
Not really. I tend to wear clothes that will be cool enough on the ground yet warm enough to wear at altitude, and that are comfortable..but not trashy. And it's not because I am flying in a premium cabin, it's because I am out in public. So no sweat pants or shorts.

I sometimes end up in a suit, but only because I am either going to or coming from a meeting.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 6:42 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
In my last SQ F flight I wore jeans and a collarless t shirt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.