Reload this Page >

Sleeping adjacent to strangers on a plane

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sleeping adjacent to strangers on a plane

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:41 pm

Programs: UA Slvr, DL Slvr, AA plt, HH LTD, MR tit/LTP at least two of those buy 10 get 1 free coffee cards
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
Suuuure you didn't want to wake her as she was tired! You're all heart! lol

Coffee? I'd vote for a First Class upgrade to ease the embarrassment!
That was the closest to First Class service Ryanair ever had. :-)
Old Jan 13, 2015, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by Badenoch
Red-eye YEG-YYZ unfortunately in a window seat. Woke to find a woman's head on my shoulder and her left hand, ahem, on the inside of my right thigh. I thought it best to leave things as they were and went back to sleep. Her head and hand weren't where they were when I woke up the second time.
Wow, that's some comfort level she found with you...until she woke up and noticed her hand and head, hahaha.
Originally Posted by LAXative
I fixed your misplaced quotation marks for you
Good one!
Originally Posted by Tchiowa
Had one memorable experience. On an intra-Asian flight I ended up sitting next to the President of the company I was consulting with. We had met before. Nice guy with a good sense of humor. He was pleasant, but then we both slept.

Some weeks later there was a conference we were both at. I saw him chatting with someone I knew. I approached. My friend asked me if I knew the Pres. I decided to test his sense of humor so I said "Yes, as a matter of fact we slept together once". Without missing a beat the Pres then said "Now ask me how it was."
That's a pretty awesome story. It's amazing some of the people you meet flying. I once met a National Geographic photographer when I was just getting started in photography. Probably should have got his contact info.
Originally Posted by Jeannietx
Thanks to this thread I am now happy I can't sleep while on a flight.
It's not all that bad. None of us men are complaining.
Yep, that's his story and he's sticking to it...I know I would be!
Old Jan 13, 2015, 11:19 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Haha I'm glad I'm not alone on this one. Few weeks ago, I suffered the indignity of my first middle seat in probably 10 years, but flying nonrev was happy just to be on the plane.

I was first to the row, and thanked my lucky stars when a petite asian lady showed up for the seat, just before the door closes...the aisle is filled with a reasonably sized and rather attractive college student.

I was just happy not to be stuck between Jabba the Hutt and Honey Boo Boo...but maybe 15 minutes into flight college student 's head falls into my shoulder completely out cold. Flight attendant comes around during drink service (I'd been joking with her during boarding) and says: "well looks like SOMEONE made a new friend!"
Old Jan 13, 2015, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ironmanjt
Haha I'm glad I'm not alone on this one. Few weeks ago, I suffered the indignity of my first middle seat in probably 10 years, but flying nonrev was happy just to be on the plane.

I was first to the row, and thanked my lucky stars when a petite asian lady showed up for the seat, just before the door closes...the aisle is filled with a reasonably sized and rather attractive college student.

I was just happy not to be stuck between Jabba the Hutt and Honey Boo Boo...but maybe 15 minutes into flight college student 's head falls into my shoulder completely out cold. Flight attendant comes around during drink service (I'd been joking with her during boarding) and says: "well looks like SOMEONE made a new friend!"
haha, new friend.

I was hesitant at first to start this thread because after my experience I searched and searched for a thread like this somewhere on the Internet and came up strangely empty handed. So I thought maybe it was just me? But looks like this thread shows that it happens more often than we think.

I can only imagine the strangers that completely fall asleep the whole flight only to have one of those landing wakeups and never remembering the experience. We'll never hear those stories!
Old Jan 13, 2015, 4:40 pm

Programs: BAEC, LH MM, KLM/AF FB
A friend of mine (a young lady in her early twenties, blonde, around 5'6") was flying from CDG to HEL. Through some misfortune she had gotten the middle seat on an AY A321 and had two fairly tall and bulky Finnish gentlemen sitting on either side. She had had a long trip and dozed off quite soon after takeoff - it wasn't long until her head was resting on the shoulder of the gentleman in the window seat. She then woke up and apologised profoundly, only to fall asleep again and this time end up on the shoulder of the gentleman in the aisle seat.

Goes without saying that the two gentleman certainly enjoyed their flight and she managed to get some rest, so in the end it was a win-win situation.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 8:28 am

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry

Coffee? I'd vote for a First Class upgrade to ease the embarrassment!
We're talking Ryanair here - coffee is the first class upgrade
Old Jan 14, 2015, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KristjanK
A friend of mine (a young lady in her early twenties, blonde, around 5'6") was flying from CDG to HEL. Through some misfortune she had gotten the middle seat on an AY A321 and had two fairly tall and bulky Finnish gentlemen sitting on either side. She had had a long trip and dozed off quite soon after takeoff - it wasn't long until her head was resting on the shoulder of the gentleman in the window seat. She then woke up and apologised profoundly, only to fall asleep again and this time end up on the shoulder of the gentleman in the aisle seat.

Goes without saying that the two gentleman certainly enjoyed their flight and she managed to get some rest, so in the end it was a win-win situation.
haha, she was really, really tired poor thing. I'm surprised she wasn't so embarrassed after the first time that she couldn't sleep. A lot of women seem to be like that.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 1:43 am

Programs: AAdvantage, QFF, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Many years ago flying LAX-SYD I was aisle with a nun in the middle seat.
After dinner and beverages most people, including the nun, began snoozing.
I wasn't tired and pinged the FAs a couple of times for more glasses of
champagne (this was in coach, shows you how long ago it was).
Eventually the nun goes solidly to sleep with her head on my shoulder.
After some time I flagged the next passing FA for another drink. She took
one look at the nun and came back with a whole bottle of champagne for me
so I wouldn't have to shift around!! Perfect.
The nun woke a coupled of hours later, not really embarrassed, just thanked
me profusely for putting up with her.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.