Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Duty Free on Arrival

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2015, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Duty Free on Arrival

I have been told by a friend that Duty Free (Liquor & Cigs) are now available on arrival from non EC countries in the UK, he said Manchester had the facility. This must be fairly new, we have had it here in Oz for a while so is it true.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 1:26 am
formerly bdohmen

Programs: Still dealing with the loss of my BA Concorde Room Card
Duty Free on Arrival

Fairly certain they have it at LHR T5 after customs in the hall way to the arrivals hall
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
They certainly have it at T1 (but, of course, very few arrivals any more). I don't recall seeing it at T2.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:29 am

Programs: BA-S UA LH-Sen KLM/AF-Plat.
Originally Posted by bdohmen
Fairly certain they have it at LHR T5 after customs in the hall way to the arrivals hall
You're right, it's been there for at least 3years I think. I did notice that the "special offers" weren't in evidence as they are in the departure terminal though.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:52 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Yes, the "exit-through-the-gift-shop" duty free has been available at multiple UK airports for some time now. Not convinced it offers particularly good value for money.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.