Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flights between 2 airport that no other Flyertalker has ever done

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2013, 11:03 pm

anyone else flown TLL-URE ?
Old Sep 23, 2013, 5:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by CALlegacy
Second one:

JNU (Juneau, AK) - SIT (Sitka, AK) on a PBY Catalina
Just booked this *again* for next month on AS

Originally Posted by dannysixpack
bos->jfk
Did JFK-BOS several years ago... AS coded AA operated

Originally Posted by cziwkga
Otherwise all I can offer is HEL-TLL (Helsinki - Tallin) which I'm sure others have done - one of the shortest flights I've been on that still had in-flight service.
Didn't fly it... did this via the Fast Ferry Convenient for a day trip.

This one is a common flight- but not usually booked on its own:

QX PUW-LWS

Flew it once n/s - friend drove down and picked me up in about the same time. Also flew it to connect to OO's LWS-SLC.

Couple fun ones in AK with H6... who else has gone thru CHU and SRV (with random stops in between) - I know of a couple of FTers

This last one is operated daily, but by a single engine cessna typically- Spernak is one of the main operators of the run.

MRI-TYE
Old Sep 23, 2013, 9:26 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
I flew YAK (Yakutat)-CYT (Cape Yakataga) and back in May 2012. It is a scheduled flight, though only 3x a week and with an EAS subsidy. I don't think this route is still flown anymore (ended in late 2012). Was with Alsek Air.

Last edited by fti; Sep 23, 2013 at 9:34 pm
Old Sep 23, 2013, 9:40 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat by proxy, Sephora VIB, I have a low AA FF#...
Originally Posted by dannysixpack
bos->jfk
done it.

I assume a lot of y'all have travelled round-trip to a city and entered at one airport and left from another? Like my last flight, BOS-YYZ, YTZ-BOS? $88 on DL (Delta 88!) for BOS-YYZ, and my father desperately wanted to fly PD back.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 10:15 pm

Programs: AY, SQ, EK
Originally Posted by atomicc8
Anyone been to the most Northern airport in the world? Flew TOS-LYR and back in Summer 2005.
yes ^
Old Sep 24, 2013, 2:08 am

Programs: SkyMiles, Rapid Rewards, Mileage Plus
OK I'm not sure HOW rare these are, because so many people on here eclipse my travel experiences but here it goes:

CWB-IGU on JJ - a pleasantly brief 1hr flight instead of an obnoxious connection via CGH - wonders cheaper combining this with the next flight to keep it D-D, D-D

IGR-AEP on AR - just a taxi hop across the border from IGU, great way to save time and cash instead of CWB-CGH GRU-EZE

LBP-SRE (and return) on OB - 1hr instead of 15hr by bus, beautify scenery the whole way, and a rt ticket grabbed for US$ 40.

Less likely to be unique to myself: SCL-IQQ-LPB, with a stop at IQQ entailing preparations for landing at the altitude of landing at 4,100 meters (13,300 ft).

Developing world short-haul international is delightfully quirky
Old Sep 24, 2013, 2:13 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by mcanders
GBZ (Great Barrier Island) - AKL on Great Barrier Airlines on a Britten-Norman Trislander! Beautiful flight, although a bit cramped

I've flown this, also NZOX-GBZ.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 2:18 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
LYR-OSL
I've flown LYR-OSL (tech stop in TOS).
Old Sep 24, 2013, 2:26 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by atomicc8
Anyone been to the most Northern airport in the world? Flew TOS-LYR and back in Summer 2005.
Actually, Alert in Canada is technically the most Northern airport in the world. My father's been there, but I haven't.

I've done OSL-TOS-LYR. I really wanted to do Ny-Alesund which is even further North, but it was going to be >$1,000 private transfer.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 2:30 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by twilliam414
Less likely to be unique to myself: SCL-IQQ-LPB, with a stop at IQQ entailing preparations for landing at the altitude of landing at 4,100 meters (13,300 ft).
Yes flown this in both directions.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 6:40 am

Programs: AY, SQ, EK
Thought this was pretty rare also:
LLK-ZRH / op by HW (Hello)
Lənkəran didn't have scheduled flights then, but I recall TK fly there these days
Old Sep 24, 2013, 6:43 am

Westerly, RI to Block Island, RI. I forget the type of plane. A 9 minute flight with 4 passenger seats plus they used the co-pilot seat for passengers. They even provided a small bottle of a pre-mixed cocktail.

I loved getting the "upgrade" to the co-pilot seat. All you had to do is ask. No elite status needed. which was good since they had no FF program although you could buy multiple round trips at once and save money. The airline only had 1 route.

Two airlines flew the route back in the 80's and I am not sure who flies it now. One airline was technically a charter company (New England Airlines) but had scheduled times.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 2:17 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by longwaybackhome
done it.

I assume a lot of y'all have travelled round-trip to a city and entered at one airport and left from another? Like my last flight, BOS-YYZ, YTZ-BOS? $88 on DL (Delta 88!) for BOS-YYZ, and my father desperately wanted to fly PD back.
That's not too difficult. I've gone PHX-DFW-LGA, JFK-DFW-PHX and with LHR/LGW, CDG/ORY etc. it's fairly easy.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA1K
FAK-TIH in 2005 and MOZ-HUH in 2003.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 9:19 pm

Programs: WN, DL, AA; Hyatt or Wyndham
FSM-FAY (pre-XNA). Not a particularly uncommon route in Arkansas back in the day, just wonder if any flyertalkers have done it....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.