Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

What is the most special food/drinks you have had on a flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the most special food/drinks you have had on a flight?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2013, 5:09 am

Some kind of weird juice which seemed to be made of something like sallow thorn... Somewhere in Asia.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 6:07 am

the most special food i ever received on a flight was a bag of airplane shaped cookies that southwest had for a while. my kids and i were so sad when we learned they were discontinued.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 6:49 am
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
Two come to mind. On an Air France flight from Paris to Tokyo in the mid-90's I was served Ossau Iraty cheese for the first time. It was magnificent and began my addiction to unpasteurized sheep's milk cheese.

The second was a port served on a South African Airways flight a couple of years ago. Superb and the FA had no objections to keeping my glass topped up.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 7:23 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Air Europe Italy used to have an oven used to bake fresh focaccia and mini-pizzas for Club Class passengers. Very nice.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: United
BR and a few other Asian Airlines - Guava juice. Havent seen it lately though - maybe because i am drinking more alcohol on the flights. =D
Old Aug 26, 2013, 4:42 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by rxziebel
Ice wine on American First Class from DFW to NRT a couple years ago. Best wine I have ever tried. Potent and sweet - a deadly combination.
Indeed it is. Despite the fact I grew up in what is now an ice wine producing region, I had never tried it until I took a flight on Swiss in F. The steward let me drink the entire (1/2) bottle and offered to uncork one a few hours later as a breakfast beverage. Sadly I declined the breakfast offering!
Old Aug 27, 2013, 11:27 am

so basically the woman pushing the drink cart down the aisle hit my knee and i was in major pain and she ask if she could get me a drink and i said yes please and i asked if i can get an alcoholic drink and she said sure. Then she give me a beer and one of those little thing of hard liquor, im not sure what it was but i drank it.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 8:42 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
UA flights in Y from LHR-US in the mid-2000s used to have Crunchie flavored ice cream. As the Crunchie is one of my top 10 favorite candy bars and I've never seen this anywhere else or at all since it was a really nice treat at the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.