Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

What have you forgotten in the boarding area?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What have you forgotten in the boarding area?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2013, 3:41 pm

Folks - if you lose something, use this online airport Lost and Found database to get phone numbers, emails, URLs for every L&F contact in all major airports. Just enter your airport code and voila. Bookmark it!

https://app.pijunn.com/airportSearch
Old Mar 19, 2013, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Back in the ol' days, I was dropping my sister off at the airport and hanging out at the gate with her. She boarded and I turned around to leave when I noticed that she had left her coat on the chair. Door was already closed, but I asked the gate agent if I could go on to return my sister's winter coat (she was going to NYC in January). She said no problem and I sauntered down the jetway, onto the plane, found my sister, gave her the coat, and walked back off the plane.

The opposite situation was when I was boarding a flight in 2011 and someone who had just gotten off had realized he left his passport on board and was pleading with the GA to get back on and look for it. She sternly refused, as the next flight was already boarding. I offered to look for it and fortunately he had been sitting just one row behind where I was. Found it, walked off the plane, handed it back to him, and walked back on.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Mileage Plus; Southwest; American Airlines
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by gobluetwo
Back in the ol' days, I was dropping my sister off at the airport and hanging out at the gate with her. She boarded and I turned around to leave when I noticed that she had left her coat on the chair. Door was already closed, but I asked the gate agent if I could go on to return my sister's winter coat (she was going to NYC in January). She said no problem and I sauntered down the jetway, onto the plane, found my sister, gave her the coat, and walked back off the plane.

The opposite situation was when I was boarding a flight in 2011 and someone who had just gotten off had realized he left his passport on board and was pleading with the GA to get back on and look for it. She sternly refused, as the next flight was already boarding. I offered to look for it and fortunately he had been sitting just one row behind where I was. Found it, walked off the plane, handed it back to him, and walked back on.
What a wonderful act of kindness. Gotta love a happy ending.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 10:49 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Ex-UA-1K
2 of the four-packs of ice wine they sell at YYZ. Was at the end of a 41 day business trip and was just a little too eager to get on that plane that was taking me home.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 5:36 am

Programs: AF Plat a vie, EK Gold, SQ PPS
Not me but my husband and two teenage sons left their baby sister's diaper bag in the boarding area. In addition to her bottle and diapers, it also contained cat food for our two cats they were transporting. We were moving from the SW of France to Lyon and had no other bottles, food or diapers for her (or the cats) as we were relocating and going to temporary housing. I had previously picked to drive the car we were also bringing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.