Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Proposing on the plane...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2014, 9:42 pm

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
Originally Posted by Glumech
... doesn't that happen almost every time your at a fine dining restaurant? ...
I think you missed the point for many of the the responses above. Proposals at fine dining restaurants don't come via the PA system. Nobody cares about a nice, quiet proposal in F or J. That is actually kind of nice and the lead FA could be in on it by providing champagne when she says yes. The problem would be in involving everyone else with the PA.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 10:07 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by World-Wide
Any youtube videos? LOL

Heck how about renting a private plane? Oh wait we not rich here. nvm.......
+1 on private. It's not cheap but really a proposal should be a private matter and if the GF loves planes, then spring for it and make it special (you don't need to do transcon on it - see if you can go for a short loop at a modest price - make up a story that a friend of a friend had a plane...)
Old Jan 28, 2014, 10:17 pm

Programs: US Airways/SPG/Club Carlson (Gold)/United/Marriott Rewards Premier (Silver)/Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by JMN57
+1 on private. It's not cheap but really a proposal should be a private matter and if the GF loves planes, then spring for it and make it special (you don't need to do transcon on it - see if you can go for a short loop at a modest price - make up a story that a friend of a friend had a plane...)
I wish a friend of a friend really did. LOL

But on a serious note good luck with w.e that dudes friend decides. But I am sure he can find a better place to propose. Or save on the divorce by not getting married. ha (jk)
Old Feb 1, 2014, 11:07 am

Programs: AA, DL, US, UA, Starwood
Thanks for the ideas.
I think the idea of a private jet is awesome.
I'll tell him to keep a lookout for a great short hop
They have deals for $500 or $1000 available for private jets.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by Glumech
Thanks for the ideas.
I think the idea of a private jet is awesome.
I'll tell him to keep a lookout for a great short hop
They have deals for $500 or $1000 available for private jets.
Where would you go on a private jet for $500 to $1000?? Up and straight down?

Old Feb 1, 2014, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by roastpuff
Agreed with the sentiments above. It is something that I was considering, given that my girlfriend loves travelling, and I had given it some thought.
  1. Keep it classy - don't do it over the PA. It is something that should be personal, and not a public spectacle.
I think it would be good over the PA a la Adam Sandler style in The Wedding Singer (ok, it wasn't quite a proposal!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7utEaLovQo
Old Feb 2, 2014, 12:10 am

Programs: Hilton, United, Gold DL
Originally Posted by trooper
Just propose. On a plane if necessary. Please leave everyone else out of it.

Sorry to sound harsh, but I have NO interest in being forcibly made to listen such things....

Yes, it's HUGE for them, and congratulations, best wishes etc... but I'm sorry. I DON'T care, and would thank other people not to (selfishly?) want to disturb a planeload of strangers with their private business.

Apparently there is an average of 6,200 weddings a DAY in the USA.....

Good evidence indeed that while it is special to the individuals concerned, it is far from a unique event.
Exactly, you are not special. No matter how much mommy and daddy told you otherwise.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 5:23 am

Programs: Outgrew all status except AA: Plat for life (the program's); Costco: Ex Plat
Originally Posted by Igor718
Personally .... I'd talk him out of it. Nothing special .... doing that 30 years ago maybe special ... these days it's almost like proposing on a bus.
And it's not as if MHPC = MHC (unless he plans to follow up with a lavatory consummation).
Old Feb 2, 2014, 5:44 am

i have to agree the destination has to have a better place to do it, cant think of a worse place esp if your flying economy, at least on a beach or something you could go alone and write will you marry me in the sand or or something then go for a walk and discover it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.