Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

why do we tip waiters who make $55000/year, but not flight attendants who make $30000

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

why do we tip waiters who make $55000/year, but not flight attendants who make $30000

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2012, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by AjedrecístaBritánico
Not everyone will accept tips, nor will the majority of people in the world give tips in the style of the USA tipping system. And if you refuse to accept that not all want tips and believe that the American tipping system is correct, there are billions from not only Europe, but Asia, Australia, New Zealand, and South America that will not tip more than rounding up to the nearest unit of currency that refuse to follow American tipping. Maybe American tipping systems can be resolved by doing simple primary school maths to increase wages.

Tips do not always make the workers feel better, in fact, what happens if it makes them feel worse? Is this not what happens in Japan?
Now I have to assume that you are completely insane. I give up. You win. wj
Old Jun 24, 2012, 9:59 pm

I do not understand, you refuse to accept that some waiters do not want tips and that they are not appreciated in some countries? You also refuse that the USA are the only country that have such a tipping system, compared to Europe, Australia, New Zealand, South America, etc.? I am not sure how those facts have you conclude that is "insane", but perhaps you require a dictionary.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 10:50 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
This thread has become an increasingly heated, and unduly personalized argument involving just a few members going endlessly back-and-forth. The thread is now closed. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.