Reload this Page >

What is your craziest "business" flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is your craziest "business" flight

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2012, 11:28 am

I'm currently on a client site that has me flying up/back daily on the Delta Shuttle from DCA to LGA. I hop the 7:00am flight and am at my client by 8:45am then leave the client at 4:45pm and am home by 7:45pm in time for dinner. I was staying overnight (my tickets are the same price as a hotel in Manhattan) for this project for 2.5 months, but tried this new schedule and decided it was worth it to be home with my family each night.

It's gotten so bad that the TSA agents at LGA are starting to recognize me.
Old May 12, 2012, 11:42 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
i made a few trips [maybe 15 or so] for lunch w/irritated customers....only a couple had even a minor problem....

also, w/5 others did dca-lga-dca after a 9am call to get to an important meeting at 1 pm re stockholders meeting for which we had been volunteered....[~1960]

so we get the 11am ea shuttle. taxi's to hdq....promptly at 1, a guy bounces up on the stage [about 50 of us there] & says thanks for coming, the ladies room is on the right, gents on the left, y'all know what to do & scampers off....so we stop for lunch & get the 3 pm shuttle back...
Old May 12, 2012, 4:29 pm

Programs: Skyteam Silver, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by B747-437B:18558301
Back in 2006-2007, I was based in Ghana but temporarily had responsibility for our company operations in South Africa and the UK as well. That meant 3 days in Accra, 2 days in Johannesburg and 2 days in London every week for a few months. I'd usually split this up so I'd do Monday and Thursday in Joburg; Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday in Accra; Friday and Saturday in London. It meant 4-5 longhaul redeyes a week. I wound up flying almost 600k BIS miles in a 12-month period that year.

On really extreme occasions though, I have commuted alternate days between Africa and Europe for up to 10 days at a time. Full day in the office, redeye to other site, shower at hotel, day in the office, lather, rinse, repeat. Not something I want to repeat on a regular basis. A sample 10 day period would be something like ACC-LGW-ATH-LHR-AMS-LGW-ACC-AMS-DUS-AMS-LGW-ACC-LGW-SOU-HAJ-CGN-LGW-ACC-LGW-STN-DUS-ACC.

The mileage runs I did during my college years were good training for how to deal with these schedules!

That is awesome...

Now tell me it was all in F ?
Old May 12, 2012, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by dukesy
Now tell me it was all in F ?
It was in Business Class on 2-class aircraft for the most part (some of the regional/LCC connections were in Econ for obvious reasons).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.