Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

How to select the best hotel loyalty program?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to select the best hotel loyalty program?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2012, 7:26 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RobbieRunner
3. Is it YOUR money or COMPANY funds? Who's paying? Is $/night important?
the key question(s) in my opinion.

as stated above in other posts, read read read, in almost every hotel forum are good threads that discuss the merits of X hotel brand vs Y hotel brand, here is an example: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...-pc-hyatt.html By the way, a good way to search for these types of threads is to use the search forum function, go to advance search, and search for titles only with a single key word (in this case I went to the Hilton forum and did a title search only using key word Hyatt)

Now after all the reading you’ll do (& I suggest you do so that you can understand the pros/cons of every program), you may find that not being locked into one or two hotel programs is a great thing. Personally I’m letting 4 top tier hotel status slip as the promos were not there in my opinion. There is a good chance I’ll go back to my days where Priceline & Hotwire (or independent properties) was my ‘primary’ hotel program. Some will say ‘well I can get this return on my own dime’ ‘I like to know where I’m staying’ whatever, blah blah blah.

Figure out for yourself if the ROI is there to belong to a hotel program(s).
Old Jan 25, 2012, 8:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
For higher end hotels, try a Virtuoso travel agent who most are preferred partners with Four Seasons..

Also, www.perfectescapes.com .. Visa Infinite ..

These avenues give upgrades, breakfast, amenities depending on the hotel and offer.. You can try out a hotel and see if you like it.. If the Loyalty program is free to sign up, then you're set..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.