Wiki Posts
Search

KLM "Surprise"

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2010, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G
KLM "Surprise"

A nice video from KLM on their "Surprise" experiment ... contrast to AC/AP gutting E benefits, I think I'll be Flying Blue more next year!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqHWAE8GDEk
Old Dec 13, 2010, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by RocketmanBRU
A nice video from KLM on their "Surprise" experiment ... contrast to AC/AP gutting E benefits, I think I'll be Flying Blue more next year!
Not a bad video, but didnīt really impress me too much.

KLM probably is one of the last carriers Iīd choose to fly, mediocre Y, decent C if you havenīt taken notice of the changes in the last 15 years in the industry and no F.

I can think of two dozen FFPs Iīd rather join than Flying Blue.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
KLM probably is one of the last carriers Iīd choose to fly, mediocre Y, decent C if you havenīt taken notice of the changes in the last 15 years in the industry and no F.

I can think of two dozen FFPs Iīd rather join than Flying Blue.
Unless you're based in AMS or go thru there often, FB isn't much of a choice... FB does have one thing for it against other Skyteam partners.... only an elite FB member can get an extra piece of baggage as part of allowance when flying AF/KL flights.

I can only manage sector count as their earning on discounted fares is zilch .. well 25% is zilch anyway!
Old Dec 13, 2010, 4:35 pm

Programs: AC*SE
Nice video though, good marketing effort.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 5:05 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE, MP Diamond, OW Emerald, HiltonHoners, Fairmont Presidents,SPG Gold
Originally Posted by RocketmanBRU
Regardless of the what their product is, that is "exceeding customer expectations"...
Great video and a perfect example of engaging your customers.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by MillionMile
Regardless of the what their product is, that is "exceeding customer expectations"...
Great video and a perfect example of engaging your customers.
+1

I think it's brilliant. What a wonderful and happy surprise to be treated that well by an airline. It shows that a small thing can make a good impression.

Good job KLM! ^
Old Dec 13, 2010, 8:14 pm

Programs: AC E
Couldn't agree more with the above two posts. It's all about the little things that set competing businesses apart.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 8:21 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, HH G
Originally Posted by RCyyz
+1

I think it's brilliant. What a wonderful and happy surprise to be treated that well by an airline. It shows that a small thing can make a good impression.

Good job KLM! ^
It's very good -- but the people being happy is only a small part. (Look at how much effort went into every single gift!) The point is in the closing seconds: more than 1M views on twitter feed alone. Choose customers active in social media, make them happy, and many, many more people will hear about their happy experiences. It's the power of word of mouth to the nth degree.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I took KL C last year AMS-YYZ and it was okay. Seat was comfortable enough for a daytime transatlantic and food was average (worse than AF C IMO). But overall the trip was nothing worthy to write home or get excited about.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.