Reload this Page >

Interaction or privacy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interaction or privacy?

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2010, 12:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
I prefer to talk only on approach to landing, otherwise I want privacy.
Old May 7, 2010, 1:07 pm

Even if I am with friends/family, I like the quiet time. If I am going on vacation with them for a week, I will have plenty of time to converse then. Besides, since I am often towards the back of the plane in coach, the noise from the plane doesn't make a "normal volumed" conversation possible sometimes.

Of course, I can fix that if I just turn my hearing aids off...
Old May 8, 2010, 1:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mixel
I am more a person who likes to have my own privacy during a flight. There are always some people who like to have a chat with you, so have some social interaction with the neighbours. Normally, I am not that bothered with a little chat but do not really like to have a long conversation during the flight.

I was wondering what do you guys prefer during a flight, more privacy or more social interaction.
I avoid it for the most part. I can handle not talking for 9 hours, reading my book, listening to my music, sleeping..but a chatty charlie really makes it hell.

The exception is when the possiblity of getting laid is in the mix. This sometimes happens. But not so often that I do not pack my "leave me alone" gear
Old May 9, 2010, 1:43 am

Programs: Etihad Guest, AAdvantage, Virgin Atlantic
I am a plane sleeper, I barely make it to take off without being out for the count, so definately privacy for me. My friends know when they travel with me, to pack lots to keep them occupied, as I am no company. However as a person, I am of the very social variety, and love a good chat, but put me on a plane, and am a gonner.

My usual line is "please could I have a 2 litre bottle of water and do not disturb me, as I will sleep until landing, and I wont disturb you either, deal?" ... It usually goes down well, as one less pax to worry about.

Last edited by Cazzi B; May 9, 2010 at 1:44 am Reason: Horrendous Spellling mistakes trying to type too quickly!
Old May 9, 2010, 7:14 am

Programs: UA AA MR HH B6
Usually privacy but I have gotten in a few good conversations....usually trying to help tourists figure out how to and where to and stuff.

One time I saw a gorgeous girl in the seat next to me and tried to chat her up but she was going to meet up with her fiancee and that was that....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.