Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Unusual passenger behavior in First Class. Funny and weird.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2010, 4:08 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I'm flying JFK-MIA first class. They call the first class passengers and they all board. I'm a bit late so I'm walking down the jetway behind everyone. All of a sudden, as loud as if it's on the p.a. system I hear a turkey gobble. You know those sounds turkeys make GOBBLE GOBBLE but identical to the bird. I ignore it. Then I hear it again, as plain as day.

I turn around and there is another first class passenger walking behind me making turkey noises at the top of his lungs. Middle class, white, dressed nice, type of guy.

ooooooooooooook. I think perhaps he's just playing around with little kids on the jetway or something.

I get in my seat and 5 minutes later I hear a faint turkey noise. Gobble gobble!

This guy is sitting in the last row of first class gobbling like a friggin turkey. He did it for about 20 minutes and finally went to sleep.

What kind of unusual passenger behavior do you find on these planes?

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Apr 30, 2010 at 4:16 pm Reason: To remove pejorative language
Old Apr 30, 2010, 4:34 pm

Programs: *G
what does class of service have to do with someone gobbling like a turkey
Old Apr 30, 2010, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by deniah
Having travelled many times at the back of the plane I can safely say that you get all sorts back there (and I'm sure many people think I'm a bit strange). However, at the front of the plane the sort of people you see have relatively good jobs (either earning lots of money or lots of miles) ... gobbling like a turkey doesn't help you hold down a job.

Of course, being British, I can also safely say that some rich people are what we would call eccentric (I have met Lord Bath ... lovely, but you'd never guess he was one of the world's top 500 richest men).

Someone who is slightly odd yet wealthy is eccentric and amusing. Those of us who are odd yet not so wealthy are just slightly frightening .
Old Apr 30, 2010, 5:06 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
You can be rich and still have a few loose screws....
Old Apr 30, 2010, 5:28 pm

Maybe a form of Tourette's?
Old Apr 30, 2010, 7:30 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold
One time many years ago flying DL in F from ATL-DFW, some of the passengers were quite drunk and spent most of the flight throwing beer cans across the cabin at each other. The fact that the cans were empty was almost worse - stray drops of beer would fall in inconvenient places.

Now that I think about it, it was kind of gross.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by skylady
My first thought, too. I met a guy who was immediately nicknamed 'Shoop'.

When his mind was at idle, he incessantly said 'shoop', pretty loudly with a bit of upward inflection. When you talked to him and his brain was active, though, he was as normal as anyone.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
I would be worried if it was coming from the cockpit.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 8:31 pm

Programs: Delta, American, Qantas, HAL, Starwood,
There is always something interesting happening on every flight...it's just whether you know about it or not.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, 2MM, Bonvoy PLT, NYT Monday crossword puzzle solver extraordinaire
Originally Posted by deniah
Not only that, but if you re-read the OP, what does "race" have to do with it? He specifically mentioned the guy was white.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by NotDuncan
Not only that, but if you re-read the OP, what does "race" have to do with it? He specifically mentioned the guy was white.
And OP wonders why he perceives "age discrimination".
Old May 1, 2010, 2:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by johntaylorny
I'm flying JFK-MIA first class. They call the first class passengers and they all board. I'm a bit late so I'm walking down the jetway behind everyone. All of a sudden, as loud as if it's on the p.a. system I hear a turkey gobble. You know those sounds turkeys make GOBBLE GOBBLE but identical to the bird. I ignore it. Then I hear it again, as plain as day.

I turn around and there is another first class passenger walking behind me making turkey noises at the top of his lungs. Middle class, white, dressed nice, type of guy.

ooooooooooooook. I think perhaps he's just playing around with little kids on the jetway or something.

I get in my seat and 5 minutes later I hear a faint turkey noise. Gobble gobble!

This guy is sitting in the last row of first class gobbling like a friggin turkey. He did it for about 20 minutes and finally went to sleep.

What kind of unusual passenger behavior do you find on these planes?
Must be tourette's syndrome or some other neurological issue. And that's no jive...turkey!
Old May 1, 2010, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by NotDuncan
Well known that non-whites talk GOOBLEdegook. They might even talk turkey
Old May 1, 2010, 3:13 am

Perhaps this person was flying home to enjoy a family meal at Christmas?!
Old May 1, 2010, 4:08 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Originally Posted by skylady
Right, everyone who does something weird has Tourette's. How I love the these forum medical diagnoses.It is supposed that about 0.05% of the world's population has Tourette. It is a very very rare and often wrong diagnosed condition. The probability that someone gobbling like a Turkey because he is just drunk is way higher than him having Tourette.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.