Reload this Page >

FT Moment of Courtesy (or not...) UA714 13 Apr

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FT Moment of Courtesy (or not...) UA714 13 Apr

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2010, 10:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
I just had to post this...
A gentle reminder of kindness please...

UA 714 today, 13 Apr. SFO-DEN. You are a FT tag carrying pax in Row 2. Grey sweatshirt.

Moved ahead of those in Row 1, then let the door slam at the gate on a pax with a cane immediately behind you - and eventually dashing to the Mens Room.

Can we all remember, please, that we need to give a little moment of courtesy and kindness to those around us and that it takes so little to give that moment, but the people you rudely mistreat will remember you for a long while after the fact.

Thanks.
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
Keep the comments coming. It is interesting how forgiving some here are, and I respect you all, so not dissing on your comments. But the dude didn't RUN to the loo, he just proceeded there. Heck, I was a ways back and even after I got out from the gate area I could see him walking ahead of me eventually to the washroom. So, I'm not sure it was a "code brown" but in any case, he could have pushed the door to its open and locked position, eh?
bolding mine
so he dashed but didn't RUN, maybe I (and I would guess others) misunderstood but to me if one is "dashing" to the mens room that's pretty close to a RUN or at least the fastest one can move in a "code brown"
Old Apr 13, 2010, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by ryan182
bolding mine
so he dashed but didn't RUN, maybe I (and I would guess others) misunderstood but to me if one is "dashing" to the mens room that's pretty close to a RUN or at least the fastest one can move in a "code brown"
Yes yes indeed - I understand the confusion, which is why I added that bit of info rather than edit my original post. Poor choice of words for me in the original.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 11:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP UA 2KMM AMB
So will that FTer please come forward and explain to us whether an education in proper conduct and behavior is really needed or was this simply a moment of crisis, a 'code brown' scenario

I agree though, once you have that yellow FT tag...
Old Apr 13, 2010, 11:57 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
What purpose does this thread serve?

Originally Posted by jef7
So will that FTer please come forward and explain to us whether an education in proper conduct and behavior is really needed or was this simply a moment of crisis, a 'code brown' scenario

I agree though, once you have that yellow FT tag...
I assume you're joking; that FTer has been put into a corner that he can't possibly get out of alive. By that I mean either with any shred of dignity intact (he's either got to fess up to a "code brown" or justify an irrational moment of intense rudeness).

The only value in this thread remaining open is the extent to which it reminds us to wear our colors proudly; that when we represent FT, we should do so with more than the normal concern for our fellow traveler.

But if the thread focuses primarily on trying to figure out who the FTer was, and/or "out" that person, it becomes too personal and ought to be closed.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 12:13 am

Just wanted to point out that the guy might not even be an FTer cos he might have received the tag from someone.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 12:20 am

Programs: DL Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
I assume you're joking; that FTer has been put into a corner that he can't possibly get out of alive. By that I mean either with any shred of dignity intact (he's either got to fess up to a "code brown" or justify an irrational moment of intense rudeness).
FWIW, if it was me, I would have no problems whatsoever admitting to either scenario. After all, everyone makes mistakes and while I always try to open doors for others and be polite and courteous, once in awhile I will slip up and feel bad about it. And if it had been the other scenario...well, as they say, "code brown happens".
Old Apr 14, 2010, 1:15 am

Programs: UA 1P, Marriott Platium, SPG
I'll bet many assume that restrooms aren't to be used when the plane isn't flying. Kind of like how you're not allowed to use restrooms on some trains when they're at the station.
Remember, the FAs also lock the bathrooms for take-off and landing. He may not have had time to get the bathroom unlocked.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 12:07 pm

Programs: WN A-List/CP, HHonors Diamond, CX J with AA miles, US Gold/*G
+1. Maybe the OP should've pretended to be a hott chick and/or FA from the flight to draw him out first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.