FT Moment of Courtesy (or not...) UA714 13 Apr

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2010, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
FT Moment of Courtesy (or not...) UA714 13 Apr

I just had to post this...
A gentle reminder of kindness please...

UA 714 today, 13 Apr. SFO-DEN. You are a FT tag carrying pax in Row 2. Grey sweatshirt.

Moved ahead of those in Row 1, then let the door slam at the gate on a pax with a cane immediately behind you - and eventually dashing to the Mens Room.

Can we all remember, please, that we need to give a little moment of courtesy and kindness to those around us and that it takes so little to give that moment, but the people you rudely mistreat will remember you for a long while after the fact.

Thanks.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
Moved ahead of those in Row 1, then let the door slam at the gate on a pax with a cane immediately behind you - and eventually dashing to the Mens Room.
When you got to go, you got to go!

But on a serious note. When you're displaying a FT logo (bag tag, shirt or whatever), you're representing FT to the world. One should do so with the most courtesy.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 5:05 pm

Programs: United 1K, Delta PM, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, National Exec. Elite
Please get into the other person's shoes. Maybe they didn't want to get anything on their own shoes. If they were dashing to McDonalds I would be all over this thread.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 6:06 pm

I just had to read this thread-the idea of "FT" and "courtesy" combined in the title really drew me in.

Fool me once..................
Old Apr 13, 2010, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA G
You stay classy, FlyerTalk.

</ronBurgundy>
Old Apr 13, 2010, 7:28 pm

Programs: United 1K 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
I just had to read this thread-the idea of "FT" and "courtesy" combined in the title really drew me in.

Fool me once..................
Maybe it was the alignment of the stars.

I can't say it has happened to me recently but on my flight this morning at 6 AM UA#4 ORD to BWI I was in the FC/GS/1K boarding line. It was a very well defined line, not squishy like it can be sometimes. It came time to start boarding and the second there was daylight between me and the person in front of me a young 30ish gentleman came out of nowhere and jumped right in front of me like he was trying to win a race. It took several excuse me's at increasing volumes with a note to exactly what he was wearing and that he had just cut in front of the line before he turned around sheepishly in acknowledged of what he had done.

His only hurry was to get on the plane and sit down. He sat in the last row of First two rows behind me. I was kind of hoping he had the seat next to me. It could have been an interesting monolog he would have had to endure concerning proper etiquette and acceptable behavior of an adult in a public setting.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 9:07 pm

Programs: DL Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by Akulashark
Please get into the other person's shoes. Maybe they didn't want to get anything on their own shoes. If they were dashing to McDonalds I would be all over this thread.
Exactly. If he was having a "code brown", all bets are off. From what you describe I would give him the benefit of the doubt and assume thats what was happening. @:-)

Originally Posted by unavaca
You stay classy, FlyerTalk.

</ronBurgundy>
I'm Ron Burgundy???
Old Apr 13, 2010, 9:26 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Akulashark
Please get into the other person's shoes. Maybe they didn't want to get anything on their own shoes.
He was on a 767, so from row 2 to the restroom was 5 steps max. If he needed to go that badly he could have stepped into the restroom on the plane.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Originally Posted by danville 1K
He was on a 767, so from row 2 to the restroom was 5 steps max. If he needed to go that badly he could have stepped into the restroom on the plane.
not for the last 30 minutes of the flight
Old Apr 13, 2010, 9:33 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by todorovic
not for the last 30 minutes of the flight
Well he walked right by the restroom on his way off the plane.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by drummingcraig
Exactly. If he was having a "code brown", all bets are off. From what you describe I would give him the benefit of the doubt and assume thats what was happening. @:-)
maybe its the taco tuesday i just came from but the "code brown" was just too funny I agree though, if the guy was sprinting to the can, its not cause he wanted to be a jerk but didn't want to soil himself.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 9:59 pm

Programs: DL Silver Medallion
If it was me and I knew that I was about to have a blowout sale, the last place I would want to be is in the lav of an airliner right by the door everyone is walking by, knowing that I only have so much time before I have to get out of there. I for one would probably take my chances and race to a real restroom.

More speculation I know, but I'm sure many folks would share my feelings on that.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 10:07 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
I'll bet many assume that restrooms aren't to be used when the plane isn't flying. Kind of like how you're not allowed to use restrooms on some trains when they're at the station.

I first read this thread and thought bad, bad FTer. Now, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe even feel sorry for the guy. I can't believe someone would normally act like that without encountering others enforcing some behaviour modification along the way.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 10:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Keep the comments coming. It is interesting how forgiving some here are, and I respect you all, so not dissing on your comments. But the dude didn't RUN to the loo, he just proceeded there. Heck, I was a ways back and even after I got out from the gate area I could see him walking ahead of me eventually to the washroom. So, I'm not sure it was a "code brown" but in any case, he could have pushed the door to its open and locked position, eh?
Old Apr 13, 2010, 10:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Originally Posted by Flyingeagle
I was kind of hoping he had the seat next to me. It could have been an interesting monolog he would have had to endure concerning proper etiquette and acceptable behavior of an adult in a public setting.
Oh, yes, that would be the shining example of politeness that would have changed his behaviour.... Remember, rudeness simply begets further rudeness.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.