Reload this Page >

ExpertFlyer.com - Master Information and Updates Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 17, 2014, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hillrider
This thread is for ExpertFlyer Information and Updates only (as per its title) and many subscribe to it for this purpose. For other issues, please see the ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk thread.

If you have any questions about using ExpertFlyer or wish to report any issues, please email them at [email protected].
Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com - Master Information and Updates Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2011, 11:56 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by dechil
Bonjour,

Could I see, , for example, how EF shows the fares from LHR to NRT on AF in first class on april 19 to may 9 ?

Thank you.
If you are really about paying for that be sure to check 'luxury'/ local travel agents - AF has a lot of confidential first class fares which are booked to F (not P which is kept published fares). There are GREAT discounts.

As for you question - you simply tick off economy and business fields on the fare results screen.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 12:16 pm

MPM and TPM

Is excess mileage surcharge calculated based on MPM and then TPD added or it is calculated based on TPM (which exceeds the first number by TPD * % of excess mileage)?

Not very clear but short...
Old Feb 6, 2011, 2:27 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pbohannon
Hey there, this is great news about AZ, but I am having trouble checking Z class (Business award) using the Award search. For example, searching for Z (which is a checkbox option) on MXP-JFK 04/18/11 yields this error:

Class Code Z: The requested information could not be retrieved or is not available. This is likely due to invalid input criteria or lack of access to the information from the airline. Please revise the search parameters and try again.

Any advice? Thanks!
Just interpret that as a "No Availability" message. AZ is returning a non-standard response to us that our system hasn't seen before and doesn't know what to do with it so we have to program it in. Please email [email protected] with any other error messages you may receive.

Bonjour,

Could I see, , for example, how EF shows the fares from LHR to NRT on AF in first class on april 19 to may 9 ?

Thank you.
An example of what our Fare Information results look like is here: http://www.expertflyer.com/screensho...nformation.jsp For a more specific search, you're more then welcome to sign up for our 5-day free trial and give us a try.

Originally Posted by Keter
Is excess mileage surcharge calculated based on MPM and then TPD added or it is calculated based on TPM (which exceeds the first number by TPD * % of excess mileage)?

Not very clear but short...
My understanding is that a surcharge of X% of the base fare is added to the base fare for mileage that is X% in excess of the MPM at intervals of 5%, 10%, 15%, 20%, and 25%. If that's what you're asking.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The MPM and the 5M, 10M, 15M, 20M and 25M thresholds don't change; the TPD comes into play when you calculate the cumulative TPM, from which you deduct the TPD before comparing the result to the MPM and nM excess mileages. So, in other words, the TPD * % of excess mileage is not part of the equation.

Short and hopefully clear...
Old Feb 7, 2011, 4:30 am
Suspended

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum (lifetime)
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
An example of what our Fare Information results look like is here: http://www.expertflyer.com/screensho...nformation.jsp For a more specific search, you're more then welcome to sign up for our 5-day free trial and give us a try.
Thank you.
a specific answer would have been better for me and could constitute a real trial.
Perhaps a member will answer to my question, as I do when somebody asks for help on the forum.
( LHR to NRT on AF in first class on april 19 to may 9 )

Last edited by dechil; Feb 7, 2011 at 6:12 am
Old Feb 7, 2011, 4:41 am
Suspended

If you are really about paying for that be sure to check 'luxury'/ local travel agents - AF has a lot of confidential first class fares which are booked to F (not P which is kept published fares). There are GREAT discounts.
Thank you. I thought that a tool like EF can show all the fares on a specific travel. A travel agency (luxury or not) is for me a second step, when I want to book...and only if it is a complicated routing.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 8:57 am

Thank you.
a specific answer would have been better for me and could constitute a real trial.
Perhaps a member will answer to my question, as I do when somebody asks for help on the forum.
Their 5-day trial works fine. Why aren't you trying it? Right now it sounds like you're asking them to give you something for free.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Just signed up for the basic trial period today. Very user friendly and informative. I signed up to check on upgrade availability for domestic F. Unfortunately CO isn't supported so the website is of no use to me.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by hillrider
The MPM and the 5M, 10M, 15M, 20M and 25M thresholds don't change; the TPD comes into play when you calculate the cumulative TPM, from which you deduct the TPD before comparing the result to the MPM and nM excess mileages. So, in other words, the TPD * % of excess mileage is not part of the equation.

Short and hopefully clear...
Thanks, thus TPM <= MPM + %MPM (or EMS) + TPD.:-:
Old Feb 7, 2011, 1:51 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Thank you.
Public posting of ExpertFlyer information is prohibited under their Terms of Service and, as such, constitutes Furthering of Illegal Activity under the FlyerTalk Rules. That ExpertFlyer chooses to allow some information to be posted on FlyerTalk for discussion is at their discretion.

Sign up for the 5-day free trial and you can get "a real trial", as well as the answer to your question. @:-)
Old Feb 7, 2011, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yep. Even more succint! Although EMS is the Excess Mileage Surcharge, i.e. an amount in currency not on miles...

And I think we've lost 90% of people reading this thread...
Old Feb 7, 2011, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by hillrider
Yep. Even more succint! Although EMS is the Excess Mileage Surcharge, i.e. an amount in currency not on miles...

And I think we've lost 90% of people reading this thread...
I'm lost, but think you're talking about maximum permitted mileage, which is something I don't understand but has bitten me before (trying to fly from A to B via C instead of D, because A-C is a longer flight at a better time).

So, if EF can help me know the maximum mileage on a route, that's good.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 5:02 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Originally Posted by enviroian
Just signed up for the basic trial period today. Very user friendly and informative. I signed up to check on upgrade availability for domestic F. Unfortunately CO isn't supported so the website is of no use to me.
Not really a problem since upgrade info on CO is NEVER predictable! Wouldn't matter if they did have it! And the reason why even tho I live in Northern NJ, I never fly CO overseas as they make it impossible to plan way ahead.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 5:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dstan
Public posting of ExpertFlyer information is prohibited under their Terms of Service and, as such, constitutes Furthering of Illegal Activity under the FlyerTalk Rules. That ExpertFlyer chooses to allow some information to be posted on FlyerTalk for discussion is at their discretion.
Sign up for the 5-day free trial and you can get "a real trial", as well as the answer to your question. @:-)
Thank you.
Using FlyerTalk for Commercial Purposes:
http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#q83
I found the answer on KVS:
[KVS Availability Tool 6.0.8.R5/Diamond - Sabre: Fares/DotRes/UK **]
Code:
LHR  London Heathrow UK [EGLL]
NRT  Tokyo Narita JP [RJAA]
WED  08 Jun 2011 | THU  14 Jul 2011 | R/T | First

Carrier    From    To    Fare      Cur                      Fare Basis/TD
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  -------------
EY         LHR     NRT      5117   EUR                      FRTGB
EK         LHR     NRT      5274   EUR                      PEE1YGB1
AF         LHR     NRT      5385   EUR                      FGBRTLC1
LH         LHR     NRT      5595   EUR                      ARFLH
BA         LHR     NRT      5889   EUR                      AAPGB
MH         LHR     NRT      6129   EUR                      PFR1YBGB
CA         LHR     NRT      6502   EUR                      APXRTEU
TG         LHR     NRT      6680   EUR                      PRTGBP
MH         LHR     NRT      6716   EUR                      FFR1YBGB
MH         LHR     NRT      6821   EUR                      FFR1YAGB
QR         LHR     NRT      6925   EUR                      ARTGB
TG         LHR     NRT      7058   EUR                      ARTGBP
9W         LHR     NRT      7215   EUR                      F2UK4
QR         LHR     NRT      8657   EUR                      PRTGB
LX         LHR     NRT      9186   EUR                      AICSWIUK
SQ         LHR     NRT     10577   EUR                      F2SQ2
LX         LHR     NRT     10592   EUR                      FICSWIUK
BA         LHR     NRT     10880   EUR                      F2BA
TG         LHR     NRT     11814   EUR                      FRTTG
NH         LHR     NRT     12435   EUR                      FRTEU
YY         LHR     NRT     12435   EUR                      FIF
AF         LHR     NRT     13794   EUR                      P9RT
TK         LHR     NRT     13830   EUR                      FUK2
EK         LHR     NRT     15536   EUR                      FRT2GB7
BA         LHR     NRT     18376   EUR                      F1

Last edited by dechil; Feb 7, 2011 at 5:49 pm
Old Feb 7, 2011, 6:55 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Thank you.
Using FlyerTalk for Commercial Purposes:
http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#q83
If you are referring to the presence of numerous corporate lurkers on FlyerTalk, including ExpertFlyer Voice and KVS, then yes, that rule has generally been interpreted to exempt customer service presences on FlyerTalk (I apologize to my TravelBuzz moderator colleagues as I am speaking a bit out of turn here, but I am deeply familiar with the issues that dechil raises). What you may not know is that many of these companies began as grass-roots efforts inspired by FlyerTalk, Autoslash being the latest one. Randy Petersen's feeling was always that this was a positive thing, as it benefitted the FlyerTalk community as a whole, and that interpretation of the FT Rules continues today:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/only-...l#post14110669

If you would like further explanation, I would suggest that you contact the moderators of this forum or SanDiego1K, the FlyerTalk Community Director, with your concerns.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.