map whakojacko
map zurichflyer
map Catweazle
Print Wikipost

FlightMemory

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2007, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2.2M, SPG Platinum
Thanks for the great link. However, now i know I won't be productive at all at work tomorrow since I'll be looking up all the tail numbers I couldn't get initially!

:-)
Old Oct 27, 2007, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
How do you see the statistics in comparison to other members? Do you have to be a premium member to do that?

Also is there a way to create a map for just one continent to "zoom in" on regional flying? Example: intra-European flights

How do I change the URL in my signature to simply say My Flight Memory?
Old Oct 27, 2007, 11:16 am

Programs: aa exp 1MM, alaska air, united, hhonors gold, spg gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
How do you see the statistics in comparison to other members?
Statistics

Do you have to be a premium member to do that?
not sure...

Also is there a way to create a map for just one continent to "zoom in" on regional flying? Example: intra-European flights
In your profile, set map options, domestic map to UK (or another EU country) then update statistics

How do I change the URL in my signature to simply say My Flight Memory?
update signature type My Flight Memory, click the link (chain) icon above and enter URL, or read up about BB codes
Old Oct 27, 2007, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Great, thanks! So I guess there's no way to have a general European continent map at the same time as having the US domestic map.
Old Nov 2, 2007, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Muerz
Still no one with an idea on how to obtain registrations of international flights?
Try http://www.acarsd.org/acars_search.html here, set the "Timelimit (Year / Month / Day to Year / Month / Day)", and add the airport code (like JFK) to "Route contains", and if you are lucky, you can find what you need. Seems like only data of last few months though.
Old Nov 2, 2007, 9:57 pm

Search Flightmemory data

It would be really nice to be able to search/filter my entries.

After entering 550 flights, if I find a mistake or want to see what trips I have taken in or out of a given airport, or on a given route, there is no way. It makes it really difficult to correct errors.

Suggestion:

On the flight data page, add filter by Origin, Destination, routing, airline, airplane to show only a subset of flights, with the same edit, delete,copy, rt optioms.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 7:57 pm

FlightMemory has announced that they are raising US$ prices effective ~November 15 due to declining value of US$. Can't blame them.

Mrs. P entered all of her routes (mostly free travel) and ordered the biggest possible worldwide poster. It is really very nice...photo quality...great color...and precise flight lines.

I'm trying to enter all flights...not just routes...and am finding numerous omissions in my data so am researching. So I will have to pay the increased price but it should be worth it.
Old Nov 18, 2007, 12:03 am

Programs: UA Premier, BA, AA, HHonors Gold
Question for Pan American experts

I've been having great fun entering my data. I don't have the aircraft type for a lot of my earlier flights though Does anyone remember what type of aircraft Pan American used on their longhaul flights in 1991 between SFO-FRA and FRA-NBO? I don't remember it was a 747. Maybe an L-1011?
Old Nov 28, 2007, 1:23 am

Programs: UA Silver
Does everyone enter all the data? I've really only been doing airport, airline and date. I might go back and make notes of what certain trips were for, though.

I hate that I don't have all the information on flights I flew as a child. How do people do these from memory? I'm lucky if I can remember the year! I thought for a second I'd found a way when I remembered that my dad's miles are through USAir and I had an account through them since I was 9 (though I don't really use it now), but their online stuff only goes back a few years.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 8:14 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I don't enter information in all the fields, and yeah only included the last several years for which I have reasonable records. There are lots of older flights I have not entered.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 10:48 am

For recent flights I enter airline date and flight number (and equipment if I have it.)

For the very oldest it is just year and route, with airline=unknown.

One year I had dozens of SFO-DFW round trips but I have no idea how many so skipped them

Last edited by pixpixpix; Nov 28, 2007 at 10:51 am Reason: spell much?
Old Nov 28, 2007, 12:28 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
since I have so few flights I've been on the site was easy to update, but I don't have any information on the equipment of my very first few trips.

all were on Lot Polish airlines, and I figured I would never get a chance to figure out the tail numbers... but since back then LOT only had 2 Boeing 767's for International flights, it might not be as hard as I thought it would be... but even then trying to decide which bird I was on will be a guess unless I find some Polish airline expert that has all the records for WAW-EWR/JFK flights.

cool site, btw!

--Russ
Old Nov 28, 2007, 1:49 pm

Programs: DL Silver, CO Silver, AA, Wyndham ByRequest
Originally Posted by horse glasses
Does everyone enter all the data?

I hate that I don't have all the information on flights I flew as a child.
I usually leave out tail number, I'm just not that obsessive. Family vacations were tough for me to remember too. I can usually get month and year by tracking down old pictures (mom always wrote mo/yr on the back). My dad flew a ton for business on TWA and US Air, and every summer we'd fly somewhere off his miles, so I just list one of those. I've been able to recapture data from the last few years by looking at my past trips on Orbitz, and by skimming my frequent flyer accounts.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 2:06 pm

I have most of my FF statements dating back to 1981. Where I'm missing them I'm using my old calendars plus hotel statements to estimate where I was and how I got there. The hardest thing to figure out is free trips because they're generally not on the statements. I've also found it useful to view all of the flights I've already entered in date order. Then I can see that maybe I flew to ORD, and maybe the next flight is out of LGA, so I know I'm missing the ORD-LGA flight. So the first thing I do is check the statements to see if I made an error, and if not I then do a best guess, typically assuming it's on a likely airline for which I don't have a statement.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 5:32 am

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
I must admit I hadn't noticed airplane registration numbers and names until I joined FlightMemory. And even now I still miss them sometimes. I have a few questions:

- Not every plane has a name, have they? I guess it depends on the airline.
- Where else can the name and number of the plane be read, other than outside? Last week I noticed that Lufthansa carried the (German city) name at the beginning of the aisle too.
- Is there any website where you can check the registration numbers for recent flights (i.e., BCN-MUC LH4481 dd January 12)?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.