Wiki Posts
Search

Apps to Monitor PNR/Booking Changes - Alternatives to MyFlights

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2018, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Apps to Monitor PNR/Booking Changes - Alternatives to MyFlights

Before its demise, I used to use MyFlights to monitor changes to my bookings (flight time changes/cancellations). Is there an alternative (inexpensive) solution? I guess TripIt is one option, are there any users of TripIt Pro and how well does it work? Any other recommended options?
Old Dec 4, 2018, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
App for PNR monitoring?

Is there any app/software that monitors PNR's for changes? Be it aircraft change or time change? Used to use the excellent MyFlights app before it was discontinued and just found myself in a situation where the airline has changed aircraft and downgraded me to Business a few weeks back without any emails.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 9:33 am

AwardWallet will email you if there's an equipment or time change on the reservations tied to your frequent flyer number
Old Dec 4, 2018, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nomiiiii
AwardWallet will email you if there's an equipment or time change on the reservations tied to your frequent flyer number
That's interesting. What about the ones which are not from your own account?
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
That's interesting. What about the ones which are not from your own account?
You can track multiple frequent flyer numbers within the same awardwallet account (e.g. of your partner/kids etc)
Old Dec 4, 2018, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by ademanuele
Before its demise, I used to use MyFlights to monitor changes to my bookings (flight time changes/cancellations). Is there an alternative (inexpensive) solution? I guess TripIt is one option, are there any users of TripIt Pro and how well does it work? Any other recommended options?
If find TripIt is sometimes faster at alerting than the actual airline at the airport! I usually get email alerts. There is probably a SMS option but I forgot.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 1:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The few that tried generally get shut down after the companies hosting the data get tired of the sites scraping them. Even EF faced that challenge with certain features.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbm12
The few that tried generally get shut down after the companies hosting the data get tired of the sites scraping them. Even EF faced that challenge with certain features.
I wish EF would add this feature. That would be the complete app.

Has anyone tried CMT? Does that send any notifications? It seems to show non Amadeus. flights if you email them the ticket but does it show any changes when you log in?
Old Dec 8, 2018, 3:19 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Virgin Red, HH Silver, SPG Gold, Priority Pass,
Originally Posted by yyznomad
If find TripIt is sometimes faster at alerting than the actual airline at the airport! I usually get email alerts. There is probably a SMS option but I forgot.
Had a few delays recently and Tripit was always faster, however they sent an update for every change where the airline (BA) sent less frequent but perhaps more relevant updates, if that makes sense.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sahajesh
Had a few delays recently and Tripit was always faster, however they sent an update for every change where the airline (BA) sent less frequent but perhaps more relevant updates, if that makes sense.
So Tripit will send you equipment, flight time updates if you sign up for the their pro version?
Old Dec 8, 2018, 4:25 am

So Tripit will send you equipment, flight time updates if you sign up for the their pro version?
I’ve not had an equipment change but TP will send updates for every single delay update.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I’ve not had an equipment change but TP will send updates for every single delay update.
Not to bothered once the journey has started. Does it do any monitoring before it starts?
Old Dec 8, 2018, 10:30 am

Not to bothered once the journey has started. Does it do any monitoring before it starts?
It has notified me of delays before I have arrived at the airport, if that’s what you mean.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It has notified me of delays before I have arrived at the airport, if that’s what you mean.
Thats good but I was wanting to avoid situations where there is an equipment or schedule change a few weeks out.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thats good but I was wanting to avoid situations where there is an equipment or schedule change a few weeks out.
depending on travel, this is the kind of thing certain travel agents actually do

i say this as someone extremely skeptical about 99% of agents etc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.