FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel Tools (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools-701/)
-   -   Apps to Monitor PNR/Booking Changes - Alternatives to MyFlights (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools/1943840-apps-monitor-pnr-booking-changes-alternatives-myflights.html)

ademanuele Dec 4, 2018 5:04 am

Apps to Monitor PNR/Booking Changes - Alternatives to MyFlights

Before its demise, I used to use MyFlights to monitor changes to my bookings (flight time changes/cancellations). Is there an alternative (inexpensive) solution? I guess TripIt is one option, are there any users of TripIt Pro and how well does it work? Any other recommended options?

onlysuites Dec 4, 2018 9:21 am

App for PNR monitoring?

Is there any app/software that monitors PNR's for changes? Be it aircraft change or time change? Used to use the excellent MyFlights app before it was discontinued and just found myself in a situation where the airline has changed aircraft and downgraded me to Business a few weeks back without any emails.

nomiiiii Dec 4, 2018 9:33 am

AwardWallet will email you if there's an equipment or time change on the reservations tied to your frequent flyer number

onlysuites Dec 4, 2018 9:39 am

Originally Posted by nomiiiii (Post 30497842)
AwardWallet will email you if there's an equipment or time change on the reservations tied to your frequent flyer number

That's interesting. What about the ones which are not from your own account?

nomiiiii Dec 4, 2018 10:39 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites (Post 30497861)
That's interesting. What about the ones which are not from your own account?

You can track multiple frequent flyer numbers within the same awardwallet account (e.g. of your partner/kids etc)

yyznomad Dec 4, 2018 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by ademanuele (Post 30497080)
Before its demise, I used to use MyFlights to monitor changes to my bookings (flight time changes/cancellations). Is there an alternative (inexpensive) solution? I guess TripIt is one option, are there any users of TripIt Pro and how well does it work? Any other recommended options?

If find TripIt is sometimes faster at alerting than the actual airline at the airport! I usually get email alerts. There is probably a SMS option but I forgot.

sbm12 Dec 4, 2018 1:22 pm

The few that tried generally get shut down after the companies hosting the data get tired of the sites scraping them. Even EF faced that challenge with certain features.

onlysuites Dec 4, 2018 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 30498646)
The few that tried generally get shut down after the companies hosting the data get tired of the sites scraping them. Even EF faced that challenge with certain features.

I wish EF would add this feature. That would be the complete app.

Has anyone tried CMT? Does that send any notifications? It seems to show non Amadeus. flights if you email them the ticket but does it show any changes when you log in?

sahajesh Dec 8, 2018 3:19 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 30498635)
If find TripIt is sometimes faster at alerting than the actual airline at the airport! I usually get email alerts. There is probably a SMS option but I forgot.

Had a few delays recently and Tripit was always faster, however they sent an update for every change where the airline (BA) sent less frequent but perhaps more relevant updates, if that makes sense.

onlysuites Dec 8, 2018 4:21 am

Originally Posted by sahajesh (Post 30512018)
Had a few delays recently and Tripit was always faster, however they sent an update for every change where the airline (BA) sent less frequent but perhaps more relevant updates, if that makes sense.

So Tripit will send you equipment, flight time updates if you sign up for the their pro version?

sahajesh Dec 8, 2018 4:25 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites (Post 30512108)
So Tripit will send you equipment, flight time updates if you sign up for the their pro version?

I’ve not had an equipment change but TP will send updates for every single delay update.

onlysuites Dec 8, 2018 4:32 am

Originally Posted by sahajesh (Post 30512117)

I’ve not had an equipment change but TP will send updates for every single delay update.

Not to bothered once the journey has started. Does it do any monitoring before it starts?

sahajesh Dec 8, 2018 10:30 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites (Post 30512134)
Not to bothered once the journey has started. Does it do any monitoring before it starts?

It has notified me of delays before I have arrived at the airport, if that’s what you mean.

onlysuites Dec 8, 2018 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by sahajesh (Post 30512915)
It has notified me of delays before I have arrived at the airport, if that’s what you mean.

Thats good but I was wanting to avoid situations where there is an equipment or schedule change a few weeks out.

Kagehitokiri Dec 8, 2018 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by onlysuites (Post 30513968)
Thats good but I was wanting to avoid situations where there is an equipment or schedule change a few weeks out.

depending on travel, this is the kind of thing certain travel agents actually do

i say this as someone extremely skeptical about 99% of agents etc