Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flighty - A new Flight Tracking app for iOS

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2022, 5:41 am

Programs: Flying Blue
@flightyryan

I saw your application in WWDC, congratulation!

I would like to know do you still have the TestFlight slots, please?

I submitted several feedbacks (eg. for gate, time, etc), but never received any invitation.

Besides, I suggested to upgrade your flight history map, but it never happened. In the current version, all the route lines are intertwined, obstructing the map and all other information... Please check my.flightradar24.com as an excellent example.

Last edited by n00d1e5; Sep 12, 2022 at 8:48 am
Old Sep 19, 2022, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA: EXP Delta: DM
Flighty delayed

Seems that flighty is running about 4-6 minutes behind TripIt and AA SMS directly. Had a flight delayed and couldn’t count on flighty at the moment.

AA490 19 Sept PHL to ORD
then
AA374 from ORD to LAX.

For now, I’ll need to keep several apps.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, JetBlue Mosaic
I've also had two cancellations over the past few months that Flighty didn't catch first.
Emailed [email protected] for all issues but never get a response.
Flights still show as scheduled in their app and had to manually remove. 😕
Old Sep 20, 2022, 4:37 pm
Company Representative, Flighty App

Programs: flighty.com
Originally Posted by JALsnipe
I've also had two cancellations over the past few months that Flighty didn't catch first.
Emailed [email protected] for all issues but never get a response.
Flights still show as scheduled in their app and had to manually remove. 😕
Hey JAL, good to hear from you again! As noted in the feedback form we do read every email but can't always reply to every. To investigate further, please share the flights, your Pro status, were the flights cancelled or re-scheduled, and if you search for them today to they appear.

Originally Posted by Igene
Seems that flighty is running about 4-6 minutes behind TripIt and AA SMS directly. Had a flight delayed and couldn’t count on flighty at the moment.

AA490 19 Sept PHL to ORD
then
AA374 from ORD to LAX.

For now, I’ll need to keep several apps.
AA flights got delayed and TripIt and AA sms sent you alerts about it before Flighty push notifications did? That would be exceptional rare, but I suppose possible. Could you give more details like how many times this occurred, how many times Flighty was faster vs slower on other alerts, and if the alerts they sent faster ended up being true? If you can send a report via Feedback in the app then I can check the actual logs too.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by n00d1e5
@flightyryan

I saw your application in WWDC, congratulation! I would like to know do you still have the TestFlight slots, please?I submitted several feedbacks (eg. for gate, time, etc), but never received any invitation. Besides, I suggested to upgrade your flight history map, but it never happened. In the current version, all the route lines are intertwined, obstructing the map and all other information... Please check my.flightradar24.com as an excellent example.
Thanks! It's was very surreal to work with Apple on the Dynamic Island. 😎

TestFlight invites go out based on feedback quality and consistency – roughly 3-5 great ideas and bugs we had not found (not *data* bug checks, those are automated).

Which part of my.flightradar24.com are you thinking of? I'm of course familiar. It looks similar to ours, but which part did you mean?
Attached Images  
Old Sep 20, 2022, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by flightyryan
Hey JAL, good to hear from you again! As noted in the feedback form we do read every email but can't always reply to every. To investigate further, please share the flights, your Pro status, were the flights cancelled or re-scheduled, and if you search for them today to they appear.
Thank you! Here are my reports. If my emails and the details below aren't enough, please let me know what more I can do to provide more detailed feedback.

Pro Status: Lifetime Pro single user

10/26/22
JL9
ORD-HND
https://live.flighty.app/ec5b2581-bf...3-e843abe9b430
Reported back in July. First JL9 was zeroed out, and then cancelled and replaced with JL8009 ORD-NRT and the aircraft was changed.
I did not receive a change/cancellation notification. Flight still shows scheduled from the link but no longer appears in the app if searching. Had to remove the flight manually.

8/6/22
9X999
HNL-LUP-MKK
https://live.flighty.app/723c9fc6-3a...e-2a360ef33a58
Reported in August. The HNL-LUP segment is incorrectly marked as diverted to Hoolehua. I was on this flight and can confirm that it made the scheduled stop to pick up a passenger in Kalupapa before continuing onto Hoolehua. The flight was marked as diverted 10 hours before departure and I did get an email back from your support team about it. However, I followed up post-flight and the app still incorrectly shows the flight as diverted.

11/5/22
UA804
HND-IAD
https://live.flighty.app/9ce192c4-97...b-e90659549372
Reported on 9/19. This flight was cancelled by United and I received a schedule change notification at 10:57 AM Eastern on the 19th (rebooking me on HND-SFO-EWR) but Flighty still showed the flight as scheduled.
I did not receive a change/cancellation notification. Flight still shows scheduled from the link but no longer appears in the app if searching. Had to remove the flight manually.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 3:03 pm

> no longer appears in the app if searching
> no longer appears in the app if searching

Ah great news! That means we know the flight was cancelled and sent alerts. But somehow just your device/account didn't get it. Do you always use Low Power Mode? Or a VPN or anything else like that? We'll need you to email via the app to investigate the specific issue on your device.

> The HNL-LUP segment is incorrectly marked as diverted to Hoolehua. I was on this flight and can confirm that it made the scheduled stop to pick up a passenger in Kalupapa before continuing onto Hoolehua. The flight was marked as diverted 10 hours before departure and I did get an email back from your support team about it. However, I followed up post-flight and the app still incorrectly shows the flight as diverted.

That's 2 flights, not 1. Just search each leg and add it. 👍
Old Sep 21, 2022, 3:12 pm

Ah great news! That means we know the flight was cancelled and sent alerts. But somehow just your device/account didn't get it. Do you always use Low Power Mode? Or a VPN or anything else like that? We'll need you to email via the app to investigate the specific issue on your device.
I did send emails about all of the above - I'll DM you my email address so you can look up my original reports. I do have a VPN enabled sometimes for work, but it's not 24/7. Same with low power mode, I enable it only when battery drops below 20%, but not all day every day.

That's 2 flights, not 1. Just search each leg and add it. 👍
Yep, I see both flights in the app but the first leg is still showing as incorrectly diverted.

Old Oct 27, 2022, 9:46 am

Programs: Southwest A-List Preferred, Delta Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Avis PP
It seems like the advertisements via the Apple app store have worked - I've decided to switch from TripIt Pro over to Flighty for the year. Excited to use the features more in depth and provide feedback to the team.
BThumme likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 10:07 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Quite true. We expect 70/30 iPhone/android users and 80/20 revenue when we have it.

To make it economic, we must use revenue from the iPhone/iPad app and decrease development time by copying the iOS app, but in android’s language.

Ironically, Android depends solely on the success of iPhone/iPad. The faster those do better, the faster Android comes.
Any progress on developing an Android app?
Old Nov 9, 2022, 9:59 am

Programs: VN Titanium, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
I started using this app last month and have used it on a few flights already. I normally don't have issues with flight delays etc, but the map it generates looks a lot better than my spreadsheet. The instagram integration is also really great. It'd be nice if you could add airline logos for Bamboo Airways & VietJet (both based in Vietnam).
Old Nov 10, 2022, 5:21 am

Programs: Iberia, BAEC GOLD/ Priority Club : ROYAL Amb / Miles and More: SEN
I tried this app 2 weeks ago and it was a complété fail. I Saw a lot of good comments here.

The incoming flight LIS_ORY did not come at night, so the 6am ORY_LIS departed at 11am. The app gave the whole flight as on time.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 1:52 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Thanks! It's was very surreal to work with Apple on the Dynamic Island. 😎

TestFlight invites go out based on feedback quality and consistency – roughly 3-5 great ideas and bugs we had not found (not *data* bug checks, those are automated).

Which part of my.flightradar24.com are you thinking of? I'm of course familiar. It looks similar to ours, but which part did you mean?
Hi, I am talking about the map view with all flight records.
First of all, there seems to be some error in Flighty, the route/line is showing in different size even without zooming. Besides, I do not why there is a some cluster of route on the top.

Regarding the map view of my.flightradar24.com, their route is much thinner/lighter. The map won't be covered by the routes (200+ records in my case).
In addition, they has different colours for the flying time of each route, this could be another feature to be considered.

And yes, one more thing, I think that you agree with me that the share feature is an excellent free advertisement. However, with incomplete recored number, I am not willing to share.
This happens because of a flight with closed airport in the past. I have two flight histories from/to Berlin Schoenefeld airport in 2015 cannot be added into Flighty.
I remembered that somehow you are/were collaborating with FlightAware, could you check the dataset with some closed airports in the past, please?
I reported this issue long time ago, however, it is always unsolved. If this issue is solved, I believe that you will have more free advertisement in the social media.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 9:03 am

Hi, I am talking about the map view with all flight records.
First of all, there seems to be some error in Flighty, the route/line is showing in different size even without zooming. Besides, I do not why there is a some cluster of route on the top.
We use Apple Maps and both of those bugs are caused it, not us. 😡 We continually report it to Apple and they claim to be working on it. It's driving me insane too but I expect they'll fix it soon enough.

Regarding the map view of my.flightradar24.com, their route is much thinner/lighter. The map won't be covered by the routes (200+ records in my case).
In addition, they has different colours for the flying time of each route, this could be another feature to be considered.
OK so adjust route thickness when it gets too busy and color for frequency? Ya, we are aware of those and have/will consider them. I never personally liked the color for frequency, it looks like color for status or delays or something else.

However, with incomplete recored number, I am not willing to share.
This happens because of a flight with closed airport in the past.
Yep, you're right, closed airports are a particular hell to manage, and none of our databases do it well, so we have to fully build our own. We've started working on it. I'm not sure what you mean about sharing, we dont have very good sharing of the full map yet.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 9:48 am

Programs: Iberia, BAEC GOLD/ Priority Club : ROYAL Amb / Miles and More: SEN
Any feedback why my.problems we're not seen by thé app?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.