TripIt v. TripCase v. Anything else?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TripIt v. TripCase v. Anything else?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2018, 11:29 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Marriott Platinum
I have never tried Kayak but I'm going to have to give it a go.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Whowouldanewman
I have never tried Kayak but I'm going to have to give it a go.
I've recently been flying Southwest a bit. They text me about five minutes before check-in time to give me a heads-up. Very nice bonus!
Old Jan 22, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: most of them
I'll have to take a look at Kayak.

I've been using TripIt for a long time. Generally I like the web version. Not a huge fan of the mobile app as it seems to be a pretty crippled version of the web experience.

I just booked a few flights on Virgin Australia and they include a link to TripCase in their itinerary email so I thought I'd see how they compare. The idea of having to manually merge trips seems tedious and unnecessary.

I wish Google would make Trips more usable.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
issue w/tripcase

Just forwarded a Jan, 2020 r/t itinerary to Tripase and it changed the dates to Jan, 2019!! Three times. Now it shows only in Past Trips. Is this a known issue and can one call CS and get help? Frustrating.
Old May 13, 2019, 4:19 pm

Programs: BAEC-GGL, GFL, *A Gold, Hilton Diamond , IHG Diamond/Ambassador
https://tripism.io is good if you can get an invite
Old May 14, 2019, 11:17 am

My recent experience with Kayak was quite poor. My United flight to DCA was delayed 2 hrs which meant I would have missed my connection to LHR. Luckily, I reached the airport early and UA offered me alternates that worked. Kayak didn't notify me about the delay until 3 hrs before the original departure time. Last week, I got a text message from the airline 7 hrs before departure that the flight was delayed an hour. 3 hrs before departure, Kayak still said it is on time (it wasn't, was eventually delayed 3 hrs due to LHR issues).
Old May 14, 2019, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by flyerkit
https://tripism.io is good if you can get an invite
Not for individuals, looks like.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 4:05 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Hi

just discovered this thread today by chance from google

i can give you feedback on 3 major players

TripIT
checkmytrip
tripcase

These 3 are provided by concur , sabre and amadeus

I decided to use them as alternative to google trips (RIP my fella !!!) after it was killed by google without providing any valuable solution

So , my goal , is to have an app that help me to manage my itineraries + hotels stays in a static way, especially if i travel with another airline/hotel than usual , and i dont want to install 348302 apps from companies that i use maybe once a year

From start i can tell you that i removed trip it , cause i dont like it , maybe later i will give another try

I will focus on checkmytrip and tripcase

1 * ) introduction

They both offer same services

trip management
Mobile boarding pass uploading
update about delays and gate changes
update about flight status
weather forecast
automatically add trips sent by email

Other services offered by 3rd parties through the apps

activites = getyourguide
Lounges = loungepass
transfer = servantrip , taxitender , uber
Tourism = skyscanner
airports maps = openstreetmaps , pointinside
maps = google maps
parking = dont know , cause i dont have driving license
disruption = airhelp , blue ribbon

2 * ) personnal experience

I find both pretty useful , often providing updates by notifications or emails even before the airport FIDS or airline

You can automatically add trips to your profile . You need to forward confirmations from the email adress you registered , and wait couple of minutes however it is far from perfect , because not all companies use same pattterns/standards

So most of the time you will need to correct it . Me i decided to do everything manually , to keep better control over my data

In case of delays it can be good to know beforehand rather than when you arrive at gate or airport . As an AVgeek i can do it also with flightradar or other apps , but iam also a flight-reporter , so i can't look at my both my phone and camera at same time

About services provided by 3rd parties , i'am not a big fan , as they are mostly acting as middle-men trying to make more money rather than improving user experience . Those services are available through their own apps , or competitors often offer something much better

Both apps suffer from same problems

1 = Randomly log you out , so better not forget your password
2 = Not designed to work offline
3 = You can't add past trips or flights

checkmytrip = you can't choose the currency , cause its attached to language , so all english speakers will have USD as their currency . Good way to go global

Fair enough if they dont want to dedicate effort for each country in the world , but then why do they offer option to use fahrenheit when its used by less than 5% of world population ??? Aren't they aware that travel now is global ? Fun fact , amadeus is a french company . I guess the lead for this project was an alcoholic

3*) Conclusion

The real differences are in details and UX/UI , which means you might find one more user friendly than the other

i would suggest you to install both and then after a while you will pickup your favourite one

Treat them as a partial replacement for google trips designed purely for travel management .

Regarding the "Tourist side" i havent found good candidate so far , so i still use google maps with location tags and offline maps

Sorry but in 2020 , they should know that internet is not available everywhere/everytime

With checkmytrip and tripcase you have most of the features you will get in the paid version of TripIT , and as a member of this forum , you should have more knowledge about travel industry so you will be able to get by yourself what tripit ask your money for

Only 1 good thing from trip it pro = less or no ads

Warning = Don't be dumb by forwarding entire bookings with all your personal details

Advice = don't blindly trust these apps like an idiot, but rather as a secondary source of information about flights status . Because situation might change quicker than apps can inform you

Hope everything is clear

Happy new year
shuckit, strickerj and mfranzwa like this.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 7:45 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Travel App Trip Case.

I have been used Tripcase but it has gone almost dead now. Cannot even forward my booking and cannot send email now. Is there any other good app like that? Any advice would be much appreciated.

thank you
Old Nov 26, 2021, 6:38 am

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
Yes

Originally Posted by Davvidd
I have been used Tripcase but it has gone almost dead now. Cannot even forward my booking and cannot send email now. Is there any other good app like that? Any advice would be much appreciated.

thank you
You can forward your booking in Tripit. Just forward to [email protected]
Old Nov 26, 2021, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by gretchendz
You can forward your booking in Tripit. Just forward to [email protected]
Thank you very much.
gretchendz likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
stuck in email

I just forwarded 2 new trips, hotel & flights, to Trip Case and they both ended up in the TC "Inbox" area. How do I move them into "Trips"?

Last edited by philemer; Nov 26, 2021 at 8:41 am
Old Dec 14, 2021, 4:33 pm

Trip case would not let me enter my booking reference saying that it has to be 6 alphabetics. Also I cannot send an email to their support as it is saying that support@tripcase is not a valid email address.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 10:16 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Since Google Trips went away (Google has a habit of randomly discontinuing services...), I've been using AwardWallet to track my trips, since I already use it to track my accounts. One annoyance is that deleted plans don't get removed from the calendar (i.e., if your flight changes, then the calendar will show both the old and new ones), but other than that it works well.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 4:13 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Trip case would not let me enter my booking reference saying that it has to be 6 alphabetics. Also I cannot send an email to their support as it is saying that support@tripcase is not a valid email address.
Are you sending booking reference or ticket number ??? where this reference is coming from ?? is it from some airlines not connected to main GDS available on market ??

Originally Posted by philemer
I just forwarded 2 new trips, hotel & flights, to Trip Case and they both ended up in the TC "Inbox" area. How do I move them into "Trips"?
You cant

either create your trips manually or you have to send your trips in a correct format

if you include all inside one email by doing copy paste it probably wont work

my advice = send the flights first then add hotel manually inside the trip cause tripcase isnt good for hotels

I have been used Tripcase but it has gone almost dead now.
Hi , what do you mean ??? the app is not working at all ?? i think you might need to upgrade then

Cannot even forward my booking and cannot send email now.
what happen when you send email ?? it is not delivered anymore ?? You receive notice from your mail provider that adress [email protected] doesnt exist or mail cant be delivered ???

Is there any other good app like that? Any advice would be much appreciated.
checkmytrip for instance
Davvidd likes this.

Last edited by fifty_two; Dec 17, 2021 at 4:24 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.